Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

E430 Sport
By eCLASSic

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a timeless vehicle and found a '01 Bril Sil eClassic Sport Edition with all options in superb condition. The drive train is solid and the interior cabin is virtually sound proof. The materials used throughout are of premium quality, unlike Ford. Acceleration is swift and sporty. It's a true gentleman's car and a dream to drive. I'm very pleased.

Favorite Features

Sport package, Bose audio, in short, everything!

Suggested Improvements

It's a German car. None!

The worst car ever
By E430 SPORT

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for almost a year and it is horrible. My '92 Lexus SC400 with 149k is better made and more reliable than my Mercedes. Mass air sensor went without any warning, air conditioning is terrible and makes noise, display on radio is distorted. Parts are way too expensive, and car is very unreliable. Anyone considering a Benz, I would strongly recommend a Lexus. Toyota puts out a much better product at a better price, with better quality.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Electrical sysyem needs to be simplified. Air conditioning is poor at best. Resale value is horrible.

Never again!
By schumacr

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love the drive of the car but the problems we have had have been way too much. Just had one of the catalytic converters break just 1.5 weeks after the other broke. Mercedes won't fix it due to an 8yr/80K warranty (we've had the car 5 years and it just went over 80K miles). A mere $1600 just for the part! This is the straw that broke the camels back. Too many other quality issues to mention. For 60K, you'd think you'd get WAY more quality. My 97 BMW has had far fewer problems. Lexus or BMW - you get my money next time. Mercedes? Never again!

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the quality and parts!

E430 Sport
By Mike Fruin

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle as a pre-owned replacement for my 1999 E430...much more car than the Audi A6 or BMW 5 series, both of which were considerations at the time. The 8 cylinder engine, sport suspension, and auto-stick transmission is awesome. A few too many electronics possibly, but a dream to drive none the less.

Suggested Improvements

One touch sun roof closure which I believe has become a standard

Awesome Auto
By JPF

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this auto at auction and it rocks! I am 6'4" and the car fits with room for someone behind me. The engine is more than you need and it handles great in the mountains. I have owned Bimmers before and this is a softer ride somewhat (which my wife likes) but it is less stressful after one long day in the car. Buy it!

Favorite Features

Engine. Creature comforts.

Suggested Improvements

Notta thing!