Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great
By bob howell

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Great car

Luxury@value
By H. B. Best

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Luxury@ value

Just an all great luxury sedan
By Joseph Campbell

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car has many standard features for a 2001, some rather subtle, that some brand new cars don't have. It has supreme traction in the snow and rain when fitted with proper tires. This E-class rides smooth as glass around town, has seating for 5, and can also easily carry 3 golfers (late for a tee time) 128 mph down the highway. There's even a button to flip the rear headrests down to increase visibility while backing up. I could go on forever, but long story short, the 2001 Mercedes-Benz E430 4matic is a keeper.

Best Car Ever
By sharksqueenbee

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car with 6 yrs old as CPO with 35K miles. I just flipped it to 200K miles last week. We purchased an extended warranty from MB and that was a good decision. We have faithfully maintained the car and without a doubt, I can say this is the BEST car I've ever driven and/or owned. It is a tank. Over the years, I've had it packed. Often times with 6 passengers as the kids loved the rear facing seats. Combined city/hwy mileage averages 23-25, which given the performance is hard to beat. This car is solid, rain (which we have a lot of in the PNW) and snow are not a problem. Looking to replace (just want something newer) and it's going to be a tall order to beat this one.

Performance, 4Matic all wheel drive, ability to carry 7 people comfortably, large space in the back, great for trips to Costco and the grocery store. Able to fit both our big dogs in the back (one is 270lbs and the other is 100lbs).

2001 E320 Mercedes sedan
By kgcarrut

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car with only 87000 Kms on it and fixed a few things and put on new top of the line tires. The car runs beautifully and I have few complaints.
But I find the steering is very tight and the car reacts immediately at the very slightest movement of the steering wheel which when on the highway at 75 to 80 mph can be disconcerting. It also doesn't straighten out by itself after a turn and you have to help it by steering it back.
On the highway I found a sudden gust of wind or even passing a large truck can cause the car to swerve and in one instance almost move me out of the lane I was in. Is this normal?? None of the cars I was following swerved as much.

Cup holder in the front is poorly designed.