2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Drives as good as it looks
By E Par on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Fell in love with the look of the car. Highway driving is a real pleasure. The car is smooth, comfortable, very fast and I get up to a suprising 30 miles per gallon. City driving is great, too, due to the comfort of the car. The only thing I don't like are the cup holders. They are not sturdy enough and the secondary holder is not big enough of the traditional large drink you get from fast food restaurants.

Great Car
By Bobby Boy on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car. Solid. AWD is great in heavy rain on the highway.

Engineered like no other car...
By vinsonphd on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed my E430 from day one. I purchased it in Washington then drove to California later that year. I also drove it from Los Angeles to North Carolina and it was such a fun drive. I drove alone yet felt just as safe in the deserts of New Mexico as I did right here at home in Los Angeles. The car is very fun to drive and really is a superb automobile.

Inside needs improvement
By rhs on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Good riding but lacks some essential features. No Cruise indicator:Climate control no auto off (multiple depressions of off sw. on console whics is a distraction); /confusion between Turn lever and cruise control; no 'Mute' function on steering wheel controls;no running lights;passanger cup holders a joke (in glove box); no additional outlets for PC/Radar detect.,cell phone, etc.

Half & Half
By GC on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I always wanted an E320 4-Matic - Bought it as a leftover and was satisfied with the price. 6 months after the purchase is when it started to cause headache after headache. Heated seat stopped working, radio stopped working and had to be replaced, passenger window goes down by itself and the transfer cas had to be repalced because of knocking noise and leaking oil on my garage floor. Have had it back 8 times to the dealer since purchased, what a hassle. For the price you pay for a Mercedes you should get a quality piece of machinery.

Second thought
By boxster on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

I have fell in love with the design of the E430 and performance. The problems that I have similar about ABS appeared several times and replaced steering rack which caused clicking noises when turning the steering wheel. I have very disappointed with the Park Place (Greenway) in Houston, TX. It took three times to fixed the ABS and four times to fixed the steering racks.

Excellent Car
By MelissaOmaha on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

My husband purchased this car last year and has been perfect from day one. Drives like a dream. Two months later, we purchased the M-Class for me. His and her's Mercedes!

Exceptional car except...
By overclocked on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I love this car especially since it consistently gets between 29 and 30 mpg at highway speeds of 75 with the A/C on. One complaint I have is the extensive use of cheap plastic. The plastic vanity mirror fell off of the plastic sun visor in the first year. The plastic center console latch stopped working this month. I also get mysterious electronic malfunctions periodically (3 - 4 times per year) for the ABS and BAS. The malfunctions seem to clear themselves up without having to visit the dealer. And last but not least, the A/C just stopped working. An unusual amout of problems for an otherwise outstanding car.

Happy to own an E320
By Peter Schleipman on 03/01/02 09:43 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

The next car I buy will have 4 wheel drive or, at least, front wheel drive. The E320 does not do well in snow. I wish I had purchased the 4 matic.