2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Dissapointed
By Hate it on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I had the car since 6/2000. I had the brakes changed twice (every 10000 miles) and had electronis problem. Overall it was a dissapointment and my experience with the dealership was more dissapointing. I will never own or think of owning another MB again. My HYUNDAI and Hummer are kept in the garage. I love the Hyundai and the people at the dealership (I had it for three years and I love it, I don't care what people say its already paid off and it paid for itself 120,000 miles and still going strong)

alerts
By Donnyboy on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

The car is beautiful and a real eye catcher. Fit and finish are top quality. However, since three months into ownership I have been plagued with false/positive alerts for brakes, coolant, and the auto climate control is hit or miss. In addition, my radio lcd display blanks out and above all if I don't shift into N or P after R, the transmission winds out and bangs into lower gear. This causes me to have to pull over and either re-shift into N or P or restart the car. Once the car is restarted, all systems return to normal. The dealer hasn't been able to correct and I am demanding an open-ended warranty or new car.

e320 plain&fancy
By timfrank on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Sturdy and elegant ,if staid, this car surprises me in its' acceleration and quiet manners. It may be only a V6 but it really GOES. The transmission is the smoothest I have ever seen.

Very good
By grboucher on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

Too small storage space in trunk. Expensive service and parts when using Pompano Beach Mercedes location: more that 2.65 times the cost at other Mercedes location in Canada and 65% more that non-Mercedes repair shops who have access to genuine Mercedes parts.

Great Car but
By jason brasil on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

lots of annoying little problems; 1. the cruise control stick fell off at 10K miles. dealer fixed. 2. thumbing noise from driving wheel in tight turns. dealer never managed to fix the problem. 3. light bulbs in the instrument cluster burned out at 30K miles. dealer fixed. 4. LCD temperature and gear indicator malfunction. dealer fixed.

Greg's Opinion
By Greg Rutman on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

A fun car to drive. Good snob appeal. Creature comforts lacking in following areas: No automatic lights on at night. No one touch seat adjustment. Must hold button to get it to adjust. No compass for direction. Trunk does not go up all the way upon release....usually hit head. Only one cup usuable cup holder.....

The 4-430 AWD is super
By prush on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This car has performed virtually flawlessly for three years. I hate to give it up. It is comfortable, a great road car.

A/C Problem in E320?
By SALMAN KHAN on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

MERCEDES E320 NOT WORTH TO BUY! LEXUS GS300 OR ES300 RELIABLE,BEAUTIFUL,FLAWLESS,FASTER!

great mbz
By benzo driver on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This is truly a great motor car, surprising gas milage for the performance. Great overall looks inside and out.Should get extended warrenty therefore experience stays positive when repairs occur.

No More Quality
By MIad on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This is a beautiful car that handles well and has a plush ride. However, Mercedes quality is nowhere to be found. This car has been in the shop about 2 dozen times in less than three years. Both rear windows have failed. Brake, oxygen, and fuel level sensors have been replaced. The dash cover cracked and the sun visor (cheap vanity mirror) has been replaced 4 times! Cheap center console has never worked properly. The console doors are misaligned, they rub, and sometimes will not close at all. Light bulb failures in dash (twice), headlights (twice, once fuse), and brake lights (twice). The latest problem is with an intermittent A/C fan.