Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Mostly Good
By slg

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

This is my second MB. Very pleased w/first and mostly pleased with this one (E320, 2000, sedan). The problems are the automatic door locks (I have had them fixed several times only for them to disconnect or something again; second - the cassette player - fixed once, worked a short while - broke again. Other than that pleased - however, I drive it very infrequently.

Favorite Features

Quality; sound system; space; conservative body style which does not drastically change from year to year.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the automatic door locks and the cassette player.

Safe and fun - great car
By jwgowdy

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

We Starmarked this car when we bought it just to be safe, but haven't had to use it more than once (cracked intake hose - replaced with no problems). Dealer has been outstanding. This car is very comfy and very safe - I'm very pleased my wife and child spend time here. Factory Continentals stink, but that's a minor issue. Overall, we're pleased. This is our second MB, and I'll continue to drive them as long as they keep the faith.

Favorite Features

Good road manners, good brakes, nice understated lines. 320's have decent power with good fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

Cheesy cup holders, needs better seats.

E-320 review
By tgstratton

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Have really enjoyed this car! A few problems with electronics that were promptly taken care of by the dealer. Very solid body, very good gas milage, excellent handling, braking etc. Excellent combination of performance while at same time very good economy. Will be on my "list" for consideration of a replacement car in the coming year.

Favorite Features

favorite features are the robust construction of the car plus the performance, economy and handling of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Some problems with the electronic features should not be had with a car of this cost..however dealer took care of them promptly without fuss.

Worst car I've ever owned
By Ruined by Chrysler

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car I thought I'd own it for 10 years. Problems started 6mos. into owing. Hands free phone then CD player failed, followed by fuel tank gauge, leak in air conditioning system, LCD's in instrument panel, vanity mirror several times, rear windows and too many others to list( which are identical to most other peoples complaints). Paint chips and scratches too easily. My husband has never had a single problem with his car which was half the price. Only thing worse than the car is the customer service at the dealers and MB of America!!!! Just traded it in for a Honda Accord. Happy Day for me!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Can't enjoy them anymore because of all the problems

Suggested Improvements

See my review. Everything there and more.

Never again
By Maria Peralta

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

I have had trouble with my E430 since day one. The passenger power window jammed at the down postion. At 20k miles the radio went dead. Dealer repaired it and it went dead once more at 21k miles. At 30k miles the power locks always lock back when opened. Nothin else went wrong untill 39k miles when the car didnt recognize none of my keys. I gave up due to the fact that the warranty was about to end and I went and bought an Jaguar S-type which is a wonderful car that gives me no problems unlike MBs E430.

Favorite Features

I really liked the strong motor and I also liked the square typical mercedes shape.

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes should improve everything especially small features like the interior plastics, lightballs that last longer and also the power window mechanism. Mercedes-Benz would never have to worry about seeing me ever again on any of their dealerships.