2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Not a happy MB consumer
By Unhappy on 09/06/05 14:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 48000 miles, and have replaced every light at least once. One electrical problem after another. Paint is the worst I have every seen, chipping. Everytime there is a problem cost is at minimum $1,000. I would NEVER own another MB. Overrated poorest quality car I have ever owned.

E320 Review
By Jon on 04/19/05 23:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

This car is great! Very safe and comfortable. The handling really is amazing, and it gets great gas mileage. Navigation has been very handy and the Bose speakers sound good. Wish I had heated seats as they are cold in the mornings.

Nice family car
By jwgowdy on 04/11/05 00:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to replace our wrecked '97 E420 (saved our lives!) for my wife. It's been a great family car - both comfortable and reliable, and the safety factor is unmatched.

Mostly Good
By slg on 03/12/05 17:44 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

This is my second MB. Very pleased w/first and mostly pleased with this one (E320, 2000, sedan). The problems are the automatic door locks (I have had them fixed several times only for them to disconnect or something again; second - the cassette player - fixed once, worked a short while - broke again. Other than that pleased - however, I drive it very infrequently.

Safe and fun - great car
By jwgowdy on 03/03/05 23:05 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

We Starmarked this car when we bought it just to be safe, but haven't had to use it more than once (cracked intake hose - replaced with no problems). Dealer has been outstanding. This car is very comfy and very safe - I'm very pleased my wife and child spend time here. Factory Continentals stink, but that's a minor issue. Overall, we're pleased. This is our second MB, and I'll continue to drive them as long as they keep the faith.

E-320 review
By tgstratton on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Have really enjoyed this car! A few problems with electronics that were promptly taken care of by the dealer. Very solid body, very good gas milage, excellent handling, braking etc. Excellent combination of performance while at same time very good economy. Will be on my "list" for consideration of a replacement car in the coming year.

Worst car I've ever owned
By Ruined by Chrysler on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car I thought I'd own it for 10 years. Problems started 6mos. into owing. Hands free phone then CD player failed, followed by fuel tank gauge, leak in air conditioning system, LCD's in instrument panel, vanity mirror several times, rear windows and too many others to list( which are identical to most other peoples complaints). Paint chips and scratches too easily. My husband has never had a single problem with his car which was half the price. Only thing worse than the car is the customer service at the dealers and MB of America!!!! Just traded it in for a Honda Accord. Happy Day for me!!!!!!

Never again
By Maria Peralta on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

I have had trouble with my E430 since day one. The passenger power window jammed at the down postion. At 20k miles the radio went dead. Dealer repaired it and it went dead once more at 21k miles. At 30k miles the power locks always lock back when opened. Nothin else went wrong untill 39k miles when the car didnt recognize none of my keys. I gave up due to the fact that the warranty was about to end and I went and bought an Jaguar S-type which is a wonderful car that gives me no problems unlike MBs E430.

great car
By div on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

very comfy car! good acceleartion. some issues with ignition.

no more mb for me
By fed up on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

just got rid of my e320 (bought 7/2000). similar problems as everyone (electronics failure, back window failure, cheap plastic issues, light bulb blowing frequently, windshield wipers replaced often, brake pads replaced often, transmission issues, bad dealership experience-no loaners if not purchased at the service dealership in boston, false alert from computer, etc, etc, etc