Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Very Disappointed
By Jim Feeney on 05/26/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, my first Benz. It will also be my last. There have been continual electronic problems, head lamp problems, power window problems, I have had to replace the mass airflow sensor 3 times. The CD changer no longer works and the cost to repair is very high. While the car is responsive and powerful, and can be fun to drive, the irritation and cost of the constant electrical repairs and soured me on the brand for life. I would not recommend a MB to anyone at this time. I regret not buying the Lexus.

2000 E320 SW
By pianoman on 04/21/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I just love this car, had few problems some even very expensive- air condtion went down 1100$!, window regulators broke 2 times 300$ each, engine mounts 600$ but I do not see a problem in it, I bought it used and expected things to go bad at some point. It is like a beautiful women expensive to maintain but fun to ride ;). I feel sick when my wife makes me drive her Volvo s70. Ten volvos s70 are not worth one used out tire of my E320 Mercedes. My next car ?!? - MERCEDES!!!!!!!

Fun to drive but quality is poor
By LMD on 04/15/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

My 2000 E430 Sport was purchased in 2006 with 51000 miles on it. Three years later it still hasn't reached 60K. In 2007 it had B servicing which is a MB rip-off where they tell you all the stuff it needs but cant show you why the old stuff is bad or failing. They just tell you "the book says" and then try to extort as much cash as they can. Ive had to replace AC hoses, shifter bushings, climate control regulator, a transmission mount and the sunroof rattles. All on a car with less than 60K. I think this was one of Mercedes' biggest quality failures and they could care less, they have their money.

Still love my E320AWD
By Joe from Wilton on 03/03/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

We have owned our e320 awd since it was new. It has been a phenomenal car. It is by far the best car we have ever had in the snow (especially w snow tires). Not sporty by any stretch - but extremely reliable. We have just under 100k miles on it -- just took it on a road trip for the weekend. Drove like new. There are some great mechanical shops in queens that are actually better than the dealer service depts and 1/3 the price. This car is a keeper even at 100k miles.

Great car overall
By NIckP on 02/21/09 04:43 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 50K on it, now have 62K. Excellent to drive, great highway cruiser. Has had some odd ball repairs that added up to about $1200. but a lot less than a car payment.Full inspection by dealer just came out perfect with ball joints due in about 10K miles.

Not the same MB of old
By Disgusted with M/B on 01/13/09 17:42 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2000 E320 to replace 1991 E class. Initially the car was fine, but soon to discover poor paint, easily chipped with instant rust and elect problems. Changed more bulbs in this cars than my past 4 cars in total. Never rust on 2 prior MBs, every chip, no matter how small rusts. Spent over 2K to date on repairs. Found out later, car had been damaged and part repainted before sold. Internet is full of paint complaints on this series. Only 56k to date, can't affort to get rid of it. Worth only half what I got for my 91 at 9 yrs. old. Can't even contact zone svc mgr. MBUSA says the dealer is my only contact. MB=junk

Excellent Vehicle
By Ralph W. Cutter on 09/26/08 01:32 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Quality, all the way around. No complaints. However, I do have a problem with the CD changer in the trunk. The radio shows there is no CD in the changer when there is. Can't get it to work. Mercedes say's it will be hefty charge to fix! Other than that the car is unbeatable. I have only had oil changes and routine mait. done in 6 years. Mercedes knows how to build a quality automobile without question. This is my 4th Mercedes and without question not my last!

Hard to trade in this elegant workhorse
By Warren Woessner on 08/01/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I live in Minnesota, so bought the car new with the 4matic feature. I love the way it looks inside and out and it has been mechanically very very reliable. I only have 50000 miles on it now in 2008 and it is starting to show its age a bit. The most serious things that have broken are both rear window power lifts, but the repair costs were not outrageous. Adequately powered by today's standards (barely), still I can't bear to part with it. And it looks better than the new ones.

Well built tank
By chuck shick on 06/21/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

This is my third benz but first of the 21st century. I stayed away after hearing about issues after the DM/Chrysler merge, but was convinced by my mechanic that the w210 chassis are well constructed and reliable vehicles. While I still own my classic MBs, this is a fine vehicle with modern amenities like powerful A/C, ventilated seats, side curtain airbags. Powerful V6, 4matic, stability and traction control make this an all weather warrior. Car is new to me so I will report back later on reliability.

Sad state of MB
By Steve on 07/23/07 11:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

I bought E430 new and it was running well for about two years. Starting in 3rd years, it was having all sorts of problems. CD changer won't work, fuel gauge went out, AC is leaking, transmission is leaking, seat adjuster won't work, plus many more. This will be my last MB and probably my last German made car.