2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Whale Tail...
By idrury on 10/07/13 14:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this vehicle with 132K miles on it from a mechanic that had owned it for 5 years. I had it in my possession for a little over a year. The main reason I bought the car was for transporting my road bike. In terms of functionality, it performs admirably, the wagon bodystyle is very good at hauling around the road bike and makes Costco trips a breeze. Performance - The engine power is adequate and the transmission shifts smoothly. Fuel Economy - On the highway you can achieve near 30MPG with cruise control; however, city mileage is near not so pleasant, 12 or 14 MPG. Handling/Ride Quality - Handling is okay and ride quality was a bit floaty.

Good Car
By Damian on 03/07/10 16:52 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

Good performance car. Has been racing with it for a while. Not my last MB, but needs improvements.

2000 E320 SW
By pianoman on 04/21/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I just love this car, had few problems some even very expensive- air condtion went down 1100$!, window regulators broke 2 times 300$ each, engine mounts 600$ but I do not see a problem in it, I bought it used and expected things to go bad at some point. It is like a beautiful women expensive to maintain but fun to ride ;). I feel sick when my wife makes me drive her Volvo s70. Ten volvos s70 are not worth one used out tire of my E320 Mercedes. My next car ?!? - MERCEDES!!!!!!!

Ride is great. Reliability is horrid.
By sj wooten on 01/05/06 19:43 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

Its in the shop as we speak. $650 sparkplug wire. If its electrical it is broken or has been repaired in the past. Lighted interior mirrors are $300. Over a $1,000 quoted to fix exterior temp reading LCD. I am 51 years old and owned many cars in my life, but this one has been towed and in for repair more than all the others combined. My other 3 vehicles are Toyota products. I will be buying another one soon and fortunately will shed my Benz before I am handed a $4,000 bill for something unexpected. Just incredible. Benz-Chrysler wont last long producing such a low reliability auto. Fool me once shame on you...but you wont fool me twice.

Excellent car!
By Robert on 12/20/05 13:50 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this Mercedes used. It has a moonroof, leather, 12 power seats, heated seats, all one touch windows, and shiftronic. It does everything right. Its been on one long trip so far and has excellent comfort and features. I love the car and plan to keep it for many years to come