Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great Car Twelve Years Later
By prmx

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 E-320 with 150K miles on it..and it was virtually perfect in all respects. Ran and rode great from day one. Paid $7K "out-the-door" and Edmunds says a dealer "should" charge about $5000 for a similar car, but I have seen most, in very good condition, upwards of $9K, so I feel what I paid was a moderate "deal". Car run very well...Zero service issues excepting a driving light wiring harness, $150 repair by MB. When I purchased had three outstanding recalls...all fairly "cosmetic" (rubber door seal replacement, etc.) and MB dealer did without any cost. "Problems" with paint chips, CD changer, air flow sensors, ac failures others have reported are non-existant on this car.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, safety, reliability, build quality, value.

E 320 from my experience
By Harrison Anderson

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2002 E320 over 2 years ago. I have owned a lot of cars in my 60 years. This is my first Mercedes. Purchased with 161k miles. Now over 202k. This is the best car I have ever owned. I love driving it. I love the body style. the reliability. the comfort. Some repairs but nothing major. so impressed I found 2 more. a 2001 for my wife and by accident came across a 2000. My wife loves hers. the 2000 will be for my daughter when she gets her license.

Favorite Features

comfort, body style / reliability

E320
By mrjohnv

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased my E320 in April of 2011 so I've owned mine now for about 14 Months. I purchased this car out of Necessity since our business sucked since 10 & 11 and I didn't want a car payment. I purchased this car from my mom and yes, I knew that she dose not take care of a car but I took it becase they sold it to me for 4 K. I didn't know it at the time but this car was in sad shape and it took 3 grand to get it back so it was no deal and I still have to paint it but you know what, If a car can take what my mom did to that car Mercedes is one hell of a car maker! This car is comfortable, trouble free and still looks good for a 12 year old car. I will keep it for two or three more years!

Favorite Features

The styling and comfort is Mercedes strong suite as well as their engineering. This car has everything most car of today has.

Suggested Improvements

There isn't much to inprove and what little there is has already been improved in the new models.

Not the same MB of old
By Disgusted with M/B

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2000 E320 to replace 1991 E class. Initially the car was fine, but soon to discover poor paint, easily chipped with instant rust and elect problems. Changed more bulbs in this cars than my past 4 cars in total. Never rust on 2 prior MBs, every chip, no matter how small rusts. Spent over 2K to date on repairs. Found out later, car had been damaged and part repainted before sold. Internet is full of paint complaints on this series. Only 56k to date, can't affort to get rid of it. Worth only half what I got for my 91 at 9 yrs. old. Can't even contact zone svc mgr. MBUSA says the dealer is my only contact. MB=junk

Favorite Features

Interior. Engine.

Suggested Improvements

MB get back to the old way of doing business. Take care of customers!

Very Disappointed
By Jim Feeney

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, my first Benz. It will also be my last. There have been continual electronic problems, head lamp problems, power window problems, I have had to replace the mass airflow sensor 3 times. The CD changer no longer works and the cost to repair is very high. While the car is responsive and powerful, and can be fun to drive, the irritation and cost of the constant electrical repairs and soured me on the brand for life. I would not recommend a MB to anyone at this time. I regret not buying the Lexus.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Electronic system, CD Changer, power window reliability, airflow sensors,