Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

It's old but I love it!
By Craig M. Lee

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

At this age you can expect things to need repairing. I have an excellent Mercedes mechanic who keeps the Maintainance up. Not sure I could afford it if I had to go to the dealership. They charge more than double than my mechanic.

E 320 from my experience
By Harrison Anderson

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2002 E320 over 2 years ago. I have owned a lot of cars in my 60 years. This is my first Mercedes. Purchased with 161k miles. Now over 202k. This is the best car I have ever owned. I love driving it. I love the body style. the reliability. the comfort. Some repairs but nothing major.

so impressed I found 2 more. a 2001 for my wife and by accident came across a 2000. My wife loves hers. the 2000 will be for my daughter when she gets her license.

comfort, body style / reliability

Looks Can Be Decieving
By taha1

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

As someone from newer generations, this car isn't exactly what anyone would call "cool" or even "pretty" for that matter. It deserves a kind of special look to see it's beauty.
It's obviously devoted to luxury; the seemless steering, the leather interior, the silenced exhaust. However, put your foot down and it gives off a different nature. This is the type of car that you could take to a high class party and then if you wanted to get down and dirty, it'd be ready for it with no regrets. I've never been so astonished with a v6 designed in the 90s than I am with this car. It's even faster than some American V8s. The car now has 202k miles and besides some minor electricals. Its great.

This was actually one of the most reliable and devoted chasis of the mercedes benz era. For example, the engine uses a chain instead of a normal timing belt and it can last almost 240k miles. The auto-manual transmission still drives smoothly and adapts at 202k and the engine is doing its best and rewarding. I have this car with the 4matic option and the All Wheel Drive really helps to push all that 225hp 258 Ibs-ft. Torque to the ground. Also, the overall attitude of the car, it would be a mature ride if needed, but it could also spread a smile across your face just like you wanted. It's a playful chasis, but also serious and refined.

With these cars, electrical problems are bound to happen. Sensors go bad. Lights go out. Nothing that can't be fixed with periodic mantinence. (Which I've exceeded by 30k and still had no problems with). The solid core of the car however is doing great and that's all you really need to keep a car going.

E320
By mrjohnv

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased my E320 in April of 2011 so I've owned mine now for about 14 Months. I purchased this car out of Necessity since our business sucked since 10 & 11 and I didn't want a car payment. I purchased this car from my mom and yes, I knew that she dose not take care of a car but I took it becase they sold it to me for 4 K. I didn't know it at the time but this car was in sad shape and it took 3 grand to get it back so it was no deal and I still have to paint it but you know what, If a car can take what my mom did to that car Mercedes is one hell of a car maker! This car is comfortable, trouble free and still looks good for a 12 year old car. I will keep it for two or three more years!

The styling and comfort is Mercedes strong suite as well as their engineering. This car has everything most car of today has.

There isn't much to inprove and what little there is has already been improved in the new models.

Great Car Twelve Years Later
By prmx

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 E-320 with 150K miles on it..and it was virtually perfect in all respects.
Ran and rode great from day one.
Paid $7K "out-the-door" and Edmunds says a dealer "should" charge about $5000 for a similar car, but I have seen most, in very good condition, upwards of $9K, so I feel what I paid was a moderate "deal".
Car run very well...Zero service issues excepting a driving light wiring harness, $150 repair by MB.
When I purchased had three outstanding recalls...all fairly "cosmetic" (rubber door seal replacement, etc.) and MB dealer did without any cost.
"Problems" with paint chips, CD changer, air flow sensors, ac failures others have reported are non-existant on this car.

Styling, comfort, safety, reliability, build quality, value.