2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Good all around Wagon
By ymbz on 12/14/09 15:43 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

I purchased this wagon with 82k on it and now it has around 117k. It has had a few repairs, but nothing truly outrageous. It drives very well, especially at high speeds on the highway. This wagon can take on 85 mph all day. I have averaged about 21 mpg, with about half highway and half city. The 4Matic AWD is truly a dream. One nice touch is the third seat. It's not habitable by adults, but my children think its a novelty to sit in a rear- facing seat. One maintenance item to watch out for: the rear window regulators WILL break, and they are about $400 to replace from the dealer. Try to find a European auto mechanic rather than always bringing it to the dealer.

Well built tank
By chuck shick on 06/21/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

This is my third benz but first of the 21st century. I stayed away after hearing about issues after the DM/Chrysler merge, but was convinced by my mechanic that the w210 chassis are well constructed and reliable vehicles. While I still own my classic MBs, this is a fine vehicle with modern amenities like powerful A/C, ventilated seats, side curtain airbags. Powerful V6, 4matic, stability and traction control make this an all weather warrior. Car is new to me so I will report back later on reliability.

Too familiar with the service department
By SMB on 11/18/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

Like others, we bought the car thinking we'd keep it for a long time. After 6 years and many, many trips to the dealer we are saying bye to the Benz. Thankfully, the warranty covered replacement of the entire dashboard assembly, brakes, phone, hatch and various other electrical issues. Unfortunately, post-warranty I was stuck with the bill for the struts, rotors, hatch (again) and a new $100 key! Like others, it's burning oil at a rapid pace. The car drives well, is very stable and eats up highway miles. Performance in the snow is fantastic - better than our Land Rover! Cargo/people hauling space is great.

bad electric
By momsavant on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

Most excellent ride except stereo goes out and deler can't find new radio/ stereo system (Becker system). Scheduling loaners very tedious