2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
I want to throw my E430 on the junk heap
By Bearvark on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

My 2000 E-430 4-matic is a piece of garabage. It has only 7,500 mi. Every 6 months it goes in for some major repair.I've had the radidiator, fuel tank, entire instrument cluster and major AC components replaced and repeated problems with the steering column, among others. Mercedes says "that is why they have warranties". When I mention my warrranty is about up, they tell me don't worry everything is fixed. I have zero confidence in that statement. Unfortunately, I purchased the car. When I inquired about some type of accomodation on a trade in, they refused. I guess they no longer build a decent car nor care about customer satisfaction.

Lemon 2000 E430
By dataminer on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This has been the worst vehicle for warranty repairs. I have had both outside mirrors replaced, one for a crack that appeared during the first Wisconsin winter and the second for a bad motor. I have had a water pump, a mass air flow sensor, an oxygen sensor, a fuel tank sensor, a window motor, a radiator bracket, both front end tie rods, the driver's seat leather cover replaced, and finally the passenger side visor (the automatic vanity mirror switch failed) replaced.

Good value Not Great
By Boston Beau on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a great car for the money. I purchased used with 7k miles and have driven for 71,00 miles with minimal repairs. All highway but hard. I push through corners and speed limit and it never lets me down in performance or response. When I need to settle down and act my age it drives like a family sedan.Repairs have been brake pads@30k, rotors@40k and one odd repair at 65k fuel sensor $600.

I'm keeping it.
By livin on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I just love this car. Smooth ride,quiet,great on ice and snow,and very quick. No mechanical problems besides ordinary maintainence.

Great Car but
By jason brasil on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

lots of annoying little problems; 1. the cruise control stick fell off at 10K miles. dealer fixed. 2. thumbing noise from driving wheel in tight turns. dealer never managed to fix the problem. 3. light bulbs in the instrument cluster burned out at 30K miles. dealer fixed. 4. LCD temperature and gear indicator malfunction. dealer fixed.

The 4-430 AWD is super
By prush on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This car has performed virtually flawlessly for three years. I hate to give it up. It is comfortable, a great road car.

Half & Half
By GC on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I always wanted an E320 4-Matic - Bought it as a leftover and was satisfied with the price. 6 months after the purchase is when it started to cause headache after headache. Heated seat stopped working, radio stopped working and had to be replaced, passenger window goes down by itself and the transfer cas had to be repalced because of knocking noise and leaking oil on my garage floor. Have had it back 8 times to the dealer since purchased, what a hassle. For the price you pay for a Mercedes you should get a quality piece of machinery.