2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Looks Can Be Decieving
By taha1 on 07/13/14 08:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

As someone from newer generations, this car isn't exactly what anyone would call "cool" or even "pretty" for that matter. It deserves a kind of special look to see it's beauty. It's obviously devoted to luxury; the seemless steering, the leather interior, the silenced exhaust. However, put your foot down and it gives off a different nature. This is the type of car that you could take to a high class party and then if you wanted to get down and dirty, it'd be ready for it with no regrets. I've never been so astonished with a v6 designed in the 90s than I am with this car. It's even faster than some American V8s. The car now has 202k miles and besides some minor electricals. Its great.

Classic
By Kareem on 06/27/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased my E320 at 81,000 miles and i love it to death. Ive had some minor problems such as a bad MAF which i replaced by myslef, also a bad o2 sensor. Ive saved thousands doing these mechanical jobs myself instead of taking it to the dealership. As for the car, it drives beautifully and feels like its brand new. ive had it up till now which has 98k on it and its been good to me.

Still love my E320AWD
By Joe from Wilton on 03/03/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

We have owned our e320 awd since it was new. It has been a phenomenal car. It is by far the best car we have ever had in the snow (especially w snow tires). Not sporty by any stretch - but extremely reliable. We have just under 100k miles on it -- just took it on a road trip for the weekend. Drove like new. There are some great mechanical shops in queens that are actually better than the dealer service depts and 1/3 the price. This car is a keeper even at 100k miles.

Hard to trade in this elegant workhorse
By Warren Woessner on 08/01/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I live in Minnesota, so bought the car new with the 4matic feature. I love the way it looks inside and out and it has been mechanically very very reliable. I only have 50000 miles on it now in 2008 and it is starting to show its age a bit. The most serious things that have broken are both rear window power lifts, but the repair costs were not outrageous. Adequately powered by today's standards (barely), still I can't bear to part with it. And it looks better than the new ones.

Amazing quality
By TJH on 03/11/06 10:39 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

One of the best cars I've ever owned. Rock-solid build, amazing quality inside and out, and top-notch engineering. The car has an understated and timeless elegance and beauty and its on-road performance is fantastic. Not exactly a high- performance car, but smooth and powerful. I haven't had a more than a minor problem in 6 years (dash bord lights) and it was taken care of under warranty. However, I am quite careful about maintaining and caring for my cars, so I rarely have had problems with any of my cars, Mercedes or otherwise. The dealership service is expensive, but I feel better knowing it's being taken care of completely.

High quality
By Theron110 on 02/25/06 14:27 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I'm still amazed and pleased by the quality and design of this car. It is problem free, even after 6 years, and the engine is as smooth, powerful. and reliable as ever. And it's as safe as cars can get. The interior is pure luxury with some of the highest quality materials and the exterior design is beautiful yet understated. Mercedes never "over-designs" like many of the luxury Japanese manufacturers so the styling ages very well. It is expensive to maintain, however. The dealerships are always anxious to squeeze as much out of you as they can. But you get what you pay for and, for me, it's worth every penny. The oldest car manufacturer on the planet knows how to build cars very well.

Bank vault solid!
By chustein on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This wagon runs very smoothly, has bank vault built quality, and gives me the comfort and satisfactory ownership experience that is second to none. The space is humongous, yet the exterior remains a classic beauty. 4MATIC runs great in wet, and the team work between a powerful V-6 and a 5- speed automatic transmission is seamless. Safety features best in the business. This bank vault quality german machinery piece of art is worth every hard earned penny of mine when bought used.

Found a lemon
By DFreeman on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

It's a beautiful car, no question. My problems have been astronomic. Replaced the tires at 25000 miles. Poor wear in city driving. At 28000 miles I started burning a liter of oil per month. By 30000 miles, it had increased to 3 liters per month. Have since had the engine rebuilt. Mercedes said a new engine would cost 30k but to rebuild it would only cost 10k. They opted for the cheaper alternative. Other than that the car is fun to drive. Not crazy about the cd player in the trunk. Handles the road and is very attractive.

Great Car
By Bobby Boy on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car. Solid. AWD is great in heavy rain on the highway.