2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
E320
By mrjohnv on 06/02/12 21:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased my E320 in April of 2011 so I've owned mine now for about 14 Months. I purchased this car out of Necessity since our business sucked since 10 & 11 and I didn't want a car payment. I purchased this car from my mom and yes, I knew that she dose not take care of a car but I took it becase they sold it to me for 4 K. I didn't know it at the time but this car was in sad shape and it took 3 grand to get it back so it was no deal and I still have to paint it but you know what, If a car can take what my mom did to that car Mercedes is one hell of a car maker! This car is comfortable, trouble free and still looks good for a 12 year old car. I will keep it for two or three more years!

Great Car Twelve Years Later
By prmx on 05/08/12 18:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 E-320 with 150K miles on it..and it was virtually perfect in all respects. Ran and rode great from day one. Paid $7K "out-the-door" and Edmunds says a dealer "should" charge about $5000 for a similar car, but I have seen most, in very good condition, upwards of $9K, so I feel what I paid was a moderate "deal". Car run very well...Zero service issues excepting a driving light wiring harness, $150 repair by MB. When I purchased had three outstanding recalls...all fairly "cosmetic" (rubber door seal replacement, etc.) and MB dealer did without any cost. "Problems" with paint chips, CD changer, air flow sensors, ac failures others have reported are non-existant on this car.

Very Disappointed
By Jim Feeney on 05/26/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, my first Benz. It will also be my last. There have been continual electronic problems, head lamp problems, power window problems, I have had to replace the mass airflow sensor 3 times. The CD changer no longer works and the cost to repair is very high. While the car is responsive and powerful, and can be fun to drive, the irritation and cost of the constant electrical repairs and soured me on the brand for life. I would not recommend a MB to anyone at this time. I regret not buying the Lexus.

Not the same MB of old
By Disgusted with M/B on 01/13/09 17:42 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2000 E320 to replace 1991 E class. Initially the car was fine, but soon to discover poor paint, easily chipped with instant rust and elect problems. Changed more bulbs in this cars than my past 4 cars in total. Never rust on 2 prior MBs, every chip, no matter how small rusts. Spent over 2K to date on repairs. Found out later, car had been damaged and part repainted before sold. Internet is full of paint complaints on this series. Only 56k to date, can't affort to get rid of it. Worth only half what I got for my 91 at 9 yrs. old. Can't even contact zone svc mgr. MBUSA says the dealer is my only contact. MB=junk

Excellent Vehicle
By Ralph W. Cutter on 09/26/08 01:32 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Quality, all the way around. No complaints. However, I do have a problem with the CD changer in the trunk. The radio shows there is no CD in the changer when there is. Can't get it to work. Mercedes say's it will be hefty charge to fix! Other than that the car is unbeatable. I have only had oil changes and routine mait. done in 6 years. Mercedes knows how to build a quality automobile without question. This is my 4th Mercedes and without question not my last!

2000 E320
By Mike on 11/22/06 08:47 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Great car! Since new it gets 30-32mpg on highway trips and 21-22mpg on daily 14 mile comute on surface streets! Very quick acceleration and handles well at high speeds. Catalytic converters both expired at 73000 miles, just within the warranty. Front lower control arm had to be replaced at 70,000 miles and the cost is pretty steep.

Mixed Bag of Tricks & Treats
By Calvin Lee on 09/12/05 11:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Our 2000 Desert Silver E320 is great fun to drive. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing. When driven easily, it is quiet & dignified. However, stomp on the gas or use the manual-shift feature & the car takes off like a rocket. Handling is also superb. Interior design is traditional Mercedes and looks like a million bucks as does the exterior (particularly the front-end). While the powertrain & cosmetics are first- rate, the electronics need much improvement in the way of reliability. Most recently, the CD player has stopped working. The radio unit thinks that the CD magazine is empty when it is full. Result? CD player inoperative. The 2003 E-class does not look as good (inside & out). Great car.

Not a happy MB consumer
By Unhappy on 09/06/05 14:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 48000 miles, and have replaced every light at least once. One electrical problem after another. Paint is the worst I have every seen, chipping. Everytime there is a problem cost is at minimum $1,000. I would NEVER own another MB. Overrated poorest quality car I have ever owned.

E320 Review
By Jon on 04/19/05 23:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This car is great! Very safe and comfortable. The handling really is amazing, and it gets great gas mileage. Navigation has been very handy and the Bose speakers sound good. Wish I had heated seats as they are cold in the mornings.

Nice family car
By jwgowdy on 04/11/05 00:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to replace our wrecked '97 E420 (saved our lives!) for my wife. It's been a great family car - both comfortable and reliable, and the safety factor is unmatched.