1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Favorite car I've ever owned

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

Favorite car I've ever owned
By david on

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at 58K miles a few years ago. Yes I've had to put some $ into it, (belt pulley, spring housing, alternator, fuel pump, O2 sensor, and it went through a major light bulb replacement phase) but I have to say that I love the car. Neighbor owns a repair shop that specializes in high- line foreign cars, so any time I notice anything out of sorts I send it to work for the day with him. It is now at 121K and still runs like a top. I'm fairly certain that I can get another 120K out of it (unless my neighbor retires). I hope they are still building the 2010 E-Class like they did in 99... Hoping I can pick one of those up in a few years.

style, simplicity of the controls, comfort, fun to drive, decent gas mileage, feels safe, love the Bose sound system. Favorite feature of all: Skid control. This car is awesome on snow and ice (and it's not even a 4-matic). Try doing donuts in a parking lot and it just refuses to skid.

My only annoyances: Lacks "Latch" system for child seats, no aux input on stereo for iPod. Can't fault the car for either of these though because they weren't invented when the car was built.