1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Great Family Car
By mbob on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300TD Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever owned. Comfort, styling, performance, fuel economy, saftey, and reliability all top notch. Price tag well worth it as I will drive this car at least 10 years and overall cost of ownership will ultimately be less than lesser priced and lesser quality cars.

Mercedes E430 - Excellent
By Clark Christensen on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

Excellent machine - I will continue to buy Mercedes sedans the rest of my life. I like it so much, I can't imagine parting with it in the next 10 years.

Sports Sedan
By G. Miller on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

This vehicle was purchased new, has been meticulously maintained and has been 100% reliable. The Transmission hesitates slightly if you've been driving casually and then nail it, but if you continue driving aggressivly it will adapt and work quite well. This is a great all-around vehicle for the real world.

A great alternative to a SUV
By CMatos on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

We recently added twins to the family. Something reasonably comfortable and efficient was called for. Minivans were absolutely out of the question and SUV's, well, they don't handle all that well after all, do they? The E320 Estate seemed the perfect solution. We haven't been let down.

1999 E320
By Computer51 on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Best car I've owned. Reliable, great looking, good handling. Could be a little better in performance area. Like the ride and comfort features. Really havent had any trouble with this car since I bought it. Would definately buy another one, this time the V8 model (E500)

What quality??
By on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

Purchased vehicle as a Starmark pre- owned vehicle with 28k on the odometer in April of 2002. Since then Mercedes has spent approx $10k on repairing the vehicle. Everything from new transmission to power window motors steering issues and a very faulty air conditioner plus plus plus. This is my second and definitely my last Mercedes. Previous vehicle was a Q45 that ran 245K miles without a hiccup. Mercedes quality trails the Japanese cars by a long mile!

She's All That
By Gretchen Ariz on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

There are only three words to describe this car "She's all that." This is the ultimate all-season cruising sedan. Fabulous for road trips, ski trips, or the everyday commute. The 210 body style has a destined-to-be-a-classic design, perhaps the last for Mercedes since they have gone to a more homogenous theme with all their new model designs of late. The mono-wiper, VDO instrumentation, and traditional console are nuances that also make this model a keeper. (No Chrysler influence here!) If this is the only car I have all my life, I'll be happy. It is a marvelous combination of exterior/interior design, luxury, safety and performance.

Excellent for all year round use.
By Leo on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This is the best all year round car, especially if you need to drive in winter conditions. However, do not expect a sporty ride. In turns, it sometimes feels like a boat. The Continental tires that came with the new car was poor in handling corners and in tread life, the Michelin that I changed to was much better.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Dr.B on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Chose this over Lexus, BMW, and Audi. I live in the Rocky Mountains and get a good amount of snow. I've always been partial to Audi (Quattro), but thought I would give the 4-Matic a try. Not a single complaint with the drive. Couldn't find a suitable BMW with AWD and a quiet ride. The bigger Lexus' were only available in RWD and still felt too Japanese. I've had 23 vehicles, including all the luxury brands, in the last 12 years and this is my favorite.

Made on a Friday afternoon!
By Bill Gilmore on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

When purchased new, the E320 had too many adjustments and repairs that were needed. Replaced glove box,ash tray,drink holder,front seat bolts,dead battery, computer mod, str. wheel tilt switch, and loud/rough Goodyear tires from MB. This is not normal for MB to have this many problems. NOW, re-sale trade-in/value does not come up to what is owed on the MB Credit Corp. 4 year note. TIme to trade.