1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
What an amazing car!!!!!
By Ruffian on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 99 E430 with 68,000 miles on it. I am stunned by the performance of this vehicle. The transmission is silky, and the higher speed the more it seems to settle in. The thing I've enjoyed most about this vehicle is passing cars on the highway (the first time you really gun it will give you goosebumps) and the feel of taking a curve. Entrance and exit ramps and cloverleafs have never been so fun! Each time I drive it my heart races-- no kidding. The best money I've ever spent.

e320
By ronka on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

nice car - runs fine - is ok to buy used - proud owner

E320
By Ed781 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Outstanding performance and reliability. Quick and easy to handle in traffic. Great turning radius. Brakes are smooth and solid. The silver color shows no dirt or dust. Truly a fine Mercedes Benz.

E320 - nothing more than a Chrysler
By GregM100 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Car has been nothing but problems. Back Window has fallen down twice already and required a $500 repair each time. Dealership says MB very aware of the issue and all E320's will have this problem at some time or another. Poor Build quality!!

Purrfect!!!
By jim gaillard on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

best all around car i have ever owned . reminds me of a vette with class, even though it is a wagon i really like this . it is perfect.

pleased
By kclark on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought used and this car has been exceptional. I love the styling, also size for for this class. It's has more legroom than comparable sedans. So far so good on repairs, at this point I would highly reccomend this model. If I had to repurchase today I would.

THE BEST OF THE BEST
By CARDENROBERT on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST I'VE EVER OWNED, AND I'VE HAD 'EM ALL. STUPENDOUSLY FAST PASSING GEAR; AMAZING MILEAGE FOR A V- 8. IN SHORT: IT'S EVERYTHING ONE WOULD WANT IN AN AUTOMOBILE

Amr
By Khaled Ebrahim on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Changed the electric window motors for both back windows left and right. The CD players/Radio/Cassette has been fixed as it just freezes as is in any condition low/loud whatever. Other than this it is perfectly fine.

Excellent car, but for the little things
By Logikman on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I love the powertrain and the engineering they put into it. I also love the smoothness of the ride. Now, why can't they do some really little stuff and not so much overengineer the car? Baubbles:1. If you didnt buy car with rain sensor wiper... you dont even have the regular car intermittent wiper! 2. The joke of a cup holder in the middle and not even a good one for the passenger.. only cans? 3. Sluggish 20 to 50 mi.accel.. Whats up with such good accel between 50-80 but not 20-50? 4. You pay for MB parts or service. EXPENSIVE.175 $$ key? 58 $$ oil change.go figure! 6. NO LUMBAR Support lever! Anyway, rest of the car.. I love it... :)

Great Family Car
By mbob on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300TD Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever owned. Comfort, styling, performance, fuel economy, saftey, and reliability all top notch. Price tag well worth it as I will drive this car at least 10 years and overall cost of ownership will ultimately be less than lesser priced and lesser quality cars.