1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
life is good
By AV 90 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300TD Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

its been a wonderful ride

The everything vehicle
By gmerge on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This vehicle satisfies the following; 1. It is a luxury sedan with snob appeal 2. It is as solid as a tank 3. It is among the safest of all cars 4. It is my SUV (all wheel drive) 5. It is my convertable( w/sunroof) 6. It is quick (0-60 in 7.5 sec) 7. It is fast (over 135mph) 8. It my economy car (27.5mpg hwy) 9. It has held 70% of purch.$ after 4yrs

Love this car
By ShellyEsq on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

I've only had this car for a few months but I have enjoyed driving it like no other. I previously had an 400E years ago and I couldn't wait to get another. I love this body style, even more so than the new E500. It is a very comfortable and family friendly car. There is plenty room in the back for car seats, DVD players, toys, etc. Also, the pickup is very good--it makes my last sports sedan, a BMW 528i, seem like a slug.

Glitches
By MizzGayla on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a fabuluos reliable car. It's glitches are that it goes through lights quite often and the heating thermostat is never very good. You never know when your heater will freeze you or roast you. When it's really cold, the heater is weak. Von Housen becomes less interested in your car care as the car ages.

Mercedes E320
By Z Fares on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

It is most enjoyable i have ever owned . My car has 82000 miles and still ride and look new . BEST HANDLING SEDAN IN IT,S CLASS.

MB E430 Sport
By kelker7 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

I find the car to be very well put together and the performance has been a very pleasant surprise. The design of the E430 Sport has lines that distinguishes it from the other E-Class cars, but doesn't change the car's distinct E-Class looks.

It's a great car when it starts
By Gael on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car used with 59000 miles on it. After 6 days, the right rear window motor went out - ch-ching! And then, about a month later, we noticed the A/C wasn't working very well - ch-ching! And now the stupid car takes 2 or 3 hits to start - and I know this will be the MacDaddy ch- ching - I dread it. Am currently searching for a trade deal so I can unload this POS on some other sucker. If you are thinking about buying Mercedes, think it over carefully and then shoot yourself in the foot if you decide to go through with it. Get it over with.

Great car
By 42000 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

It is a wonderful car and fun to play with. It is very reliable. The fuel economy is better than I thought. Smoothy ride, xlent performance.

I expected more from a Mercedes
By couchmore on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I have been nothing but disappointed with this car. Exterior styling is great, but inside is nothing special. I was hit with $3,000 worth of repairs 6 months after the warranty ran out (I too have had problems with power windows). We are trying to get rid of it right now and trade value is not good. We'll chalk this one up to a very expensive "lesson learned" and will never own another Mercedes again.

Best auto I've ever driven
By DC3946 on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

The expected German engineering and craftsmanship are all here. Sweet, simple, styling gives a solid yet elegant look to this car. Crisp precise handling at any speeds I would be driving at, and fantastic brakes. We go back and forth to Florida from New Jersey and this car is a pleasure to drive. Comfortable yet a great feel of the road.