Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

What a find !
By Fritzmeister

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I just bought a 1999 E320 wagon with actual 11921 miles on it! What a dream! Within the first 2 weeks I put about 1000 miles on it because I want to drive it. Smooth handling yet sporty, a wagon that goes from 0-60 in under 9 seconds all with an average 23mpg. Luxurious, comfortable and huge! Lots of cargo room. Wish it would have been a 4-matic, yet if you know how to drive, the anti-slip control should get you safely through the winter. At 90mph it runs as it is on tracks and is incredibly quiet. Third row option allows you to go on short trips with 5 adults and two kids! This car is a dream and is as classy as it is practical. I will definitely own it for quiet a few years to come.

Lots of cargo space, excellent handling. Sporty and elegant design, powerfull 3.2l V6 let's one travel so comfortably, it is almost like flying without turbulence! Very decent gas mileage. Rear facing seats in third row big enough to use with safety seats for kids and comes with cupholders.

Car did not have a CD player. To buy an aftermarket you need a special Mercedes harness that is not easy to come by. Found mine on e-bay for $30. For the dealer to install a changer I was quoted $750 bucks without labor. A tad on the pricey side, but I guess that is Mercedes for you. That's it.

My Best Friend on the Road
By Mr. Robertson

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

I have owned this car 1 Year, and 30,000 miles. My wife is the primary driver for her 50 mile round trip commute. It is by far the most solid feeling vehicle I have ever driven. The 4-matic, and ESP traction control give me great confidance in all weather conditions. I live in Kentuckly and it is very hilly and snow is slow to cleared on our roads. It has great cargo space and is hugely versitile. I can haul my two dogs in the back, or fold up the rear seat and roll down the cargo net for 5 Adults and 2 8th graders to ride Comfortably. I have better safety and versatility than an SUV and have taken it off road, absolutely with no wheel spin. I will drive this car for many years to come

4-matic, stereo, headlight washers, memory seat adjustment on the door where you need it. 12,000 mile oil changes.

Cupholders are awful.

Classy, yet practical car
By fulltimemom

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

This has been a beautiful, yet practical car for our family. It holds our family of four plus 3 friends. Our family loves to ride in it, yet it is a classy car to take out on the town in the evening. The third row seat is roomy enough to accomodate adults. The engine has excellent climbing power which is very useful in our hilly surroundings. Excellent safety rating.

Automatic sensing windshield wiper. The keyless entry system that also opens and closes the windows. The heated seats, and smooth and quiet ride. Good gas mileage for such a heavy car.

None

1999 E320 Wagon
By j tobis

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

This wagon got better as the miles were put on. (41,000) Very smooth and noiseless, has more power than needed, and a dream to drive. Cupholders could have been more convenient. Sound system is superb. My wife is not crazy about rear facing seats in 3rd row. I will drive it until it drops.

Exterior design. Power.

Better synchronizing of windows so power does not fail. Had rear window freeze up.

Swapped the SUV
By DPS

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD

Family of 6 swapped the Expedition for the wagon. We had nothing to tow and make up for the cargo space with a Thule cartop carrier (when all 6 of us are in the car). We avg 23 mpg hwy and 21 city (10+ better than the EXP.) AWD (4matic) is a must for us in Alaska and performed great last winter in the snow and ice. We used Nokian snow/alpine rated studless tires. The kids love it(11,9,5,6mo)it is wide enough that there is none of the "He's touching me!". The third row seat is big enough for the 11 and 9 yr old to sit comfortably. We'll drive it 'til it dies.

Quiet power=Sneaky speed -- watch that speedometer. 4matic (AWD) handling. No SUV lean on the turns.

Better cup-holders in the front as spilled coffee near the shifter goes straight to the transmission electronics (pricey).