Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

last of the bank vault Benzs
By jr17

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I know my MB's trust me on this. The 96-99 E class is by far the best years of the E class. DO NOT buy a 2000 or newer. I have 215k on mine. Paint is starting to fade a bit, a little rattle in the Cat Conv other than that, it drives and runs like new. Chrysler ruined the name from 2000 to like 2007 or roughly around there. They tried to infuse their technology into the E class at this time and failed miserably. A 2000 E class is a K car with a MB star on the hood. The 99 is heavy, solid, and feels German. It's a little underpowered, and don't buy a 4matic if you are worried about gas. If you value your family's safety, want to to stay out of trouble, and want to look cool, buy a 99

AWD Jeep like in the snow seats, solid feel, brakes. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Could use a little more low end torque, radio sucks, thats it though.

Best Vehicle Around
By benz99

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Purchased this car at 92,000KM from a Doctor who bought the car brand new in November 1998 for $79,000(All options included). This car now has 176,000KM and outputs performance like no other vehicle could. I have looked at purchasing a brand new Mercedes in the past, and I must say that the current generation E Class is built more like the 1996-2002 E Class. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a 2003-2009 E Class, they are an overall poor vehicle. If you want a luxury sedan that is built like a tank and is capable of going really fast, THIS IS YOUR CAR. When I purchase my 2012 E350, I will NOT be getting rid of my 1999 E320, it's just that great.

Absolutely Everything -Control Layout -Appearance and Comfort -Power and Torque -Handling -Ride Quality Etc...

The ONLY thing I dislike about this car is having to parallel park on a busy street.

Too expensive to maintain!!!!!
By Rich

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I have never written a review on a car until this one. It has been soo expensive to repair I felt I had to warn people not to buy the car. The rear windows use some sort of plastic strap to make them go up and down and they dry rot. They have broken 4 times in my ownership and it cost $600 each. Service is 300-700 every 7,000 miles. Every time you bring it in for service there is something new that will cost you another $500. The most recent issue is they said the rubber boots around my axles are cracking and they want $1,200 to fix it. That's right not that the axles are out just the BOOTS and it is going to be $1,200. I am buying a LEXUS or ACURA next.

NONE

Mercedes if you charge soo much for a car make it reliable. If you have an issue like the rear windows straps breaking all the time RECALL IT!!

Once you go Benz, you wont go back
By Abdur Rahman

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this vehicle. It's so strong. Lots of space for 5 people. multi directional seat positioning, steering wheel, etc. I've purchased it with 61K miles now it has about 95K. Only did oil change. Recently one of the sensors went out due to heavy rain/flood and it cost me about $1400. Mercedes is expensive but you get what you pay for. Very good resale value. Very strong car. At 95K now needs axle job. Other than that never had problem. You also get 800 number for life of your Mercedes.

4Matic baby! You can feel it kick in on the highway, or when trying to get out of snow. Love the dashboard. Very strong vehicle. 3.2 liter V6 engine. You can open/close windows/roof with the key from outside the vehicle.

Mercedes parts & services are expensive. But you get what you pay for. My Mercedes embelem on the hood got stolen a few times. CD changer is in the trunk. Not easy to connect ipod.

Great car
By Happy Owner

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car brand new, and been driving it since 1999. I am happy with every aspect of this wonderful car. Keep in mind, owning MB is not cheap, maintenance is on expensive side, but the pleasure of owning and driving this wonderful car is all worth it. I wish the new body style was as elegant as this one.

Excellent handling and peace of mind with 4matic. Great gas mileage and range.

The new models have done it. The trunk cd changer is inconvenient.