1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
last of the bank vault Benzs
By jr17 on 11/13/12 18:11 PM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I know my MB's trust me on this. The 96-99 E class is by far the best years of the E class. DO NOT buy a 2000 or newer. I have 215k on mine. Paint is starting to fade a bit, a little rattle in the Cat Conv other than that, it drives and runs like new. Chrysler ruined the name from 2000 to like 2007 or roughly around there. They tried to infuse their technology into the E class at this time and failed miserably. A 2000 E class is a K car with a MB star on the hood. The 99 is heavy, solid, and feels German. It's a little underpowered, and don't buy a 4matic if you are worried about gas. If you value your family's safety, want to to stay out of trouble, and want to look cool, buy a 99

Best Vehicle Around
By benz99 on 02/04/12 21:00 PM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Purchased this car at 92,000KM from a Doctor who bought the car brand new in November 1998 for $79,000(All options included). This car now has 176,000KM and outputs performance like no other vehicle could. I have looked at purchasing a brand new Mercedes in the past, and I must say that the current generation E Class is built more like the 1996-2002 E Class. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a 2003-2009 E Class, they are an overall poor vehicle. If you want a luxury sedan that is built like a tank and is capable of going really fast, THIS IS YOUR CAR. When I purchase my 2012 E350, I will NOT be getting rid of my 1999 E320, it's just that great.

Too expensive to maintain!!!!!
By Rich on 09/04/09 08:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I have never written a review on a car until this one. It has been soo expensive to repair I felt I had to warn people not to buy the car. The rear windows use some sort of plastic strap to make them go up and down and they dry rot. They have broken 4 times in my ownership and it cost $600 each. Service is 300-700 every 7,000 miles. Every time you bring it in for service there is something new that will cost you another $500. The most recent issue is they said the rubber boots around my axles are cracking and they want $1,200 to fix it. That's right not that the axles are out just the BOOTS and it is going to be $1,200. I am buying a LEXUS or ACURA next.

Once you go Benz, you wont go back
By Abdur Rahman on 08/15/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I love this vehicle. It's so strong. Lots of space for 5 people. multi directional seat positioning, steering wheel, etc. I've purchased it with 61K miles now it has about 95K. Only did oil change. Recently one of the sensors went out due to heavy rain/flood and it cost me about $1400. Mercedes is expensive but you get what you pay for. Very good resale value. Very strong car. At 95K now needs axle job. Other than that never had problem. You also get 800 number for life of your Mercedes.

Great car
By Happy Owner on 04/05/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car brand new, and been driving it since 1999. I am happy with every aspect of this wonderful car. Keep in mind, owning MB is not cheap, maintenance is on expensive side, but the pleasure of owning and driving this wonderful car is all worth it. I wish the new body style was as elegant as this one.

The everything vehicle
By gmerge on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This vehicle satisfies the following; 1. It is a luxury sedan with snob appeal 2. It is as solid as a tank 3. It is among the safest of all cars 4. It is my SUV (all wheel drive) 5. It is my convertable( w/sunroof) 6. It is quick (0-60 in 7.5 sec) 7. It is fast (over 135mph) 8. It my economy car (27.5mpg hwy) 9. It has held 70% of purch.$ after 4yrs

Glitches
By MizzGayla on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a fabuluos reliable car. It's glitches are that it goes through lights quite often and the heating thermostat is never very good. You never know when your heater will freeze you or roast you. When it's really cold, the heater is weak. Von Housen becomes less interested in your car care as the car ages.

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!
By H-Bag on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Either I'm the luckiest man alive or those germans really know HOW TO BUILD THEM !!.....This 4matic is coming close to 100k miles and so far no problems at all other than regular maintenance. Also this car is a BEAST in the snow w/artic alpines of course.

Amr
By Khaled Ebrahim on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

Changed the electric window motors for both back windows left and right. The CD players/Radio/Cassette has been fixed as it just freezes as is in any condition low/loud whatever. Other than this it is perfectly fine.

She's All That
By Gretchen Ariz on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

There are only three words to describe this car "She's all that." This is the ultimate all-season cruising sedan. Fabulous for road trips, ski trips, or the everyday commute. The 210 body style has a destined-to-be-a-classic design, perhaps the last for Mercedes since they have gone to a more homogenous theme with all their new model designs of late. The mono-wiper, VDO instrumentation, and traditional console are nuances that also make this model a keeper. (No Chrysler influence here!) If this is the only car I have all my life, I'll be happy. It is a marvelous combination of exterior/interior design, luxury, safety and performance.