Update From a Year Ago
By bsavoie93 on
1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4dr Sedan
In my year of owning this car and putting about 20,000 miles on it, Now at 90,000 Miles, I've had zero issues except with the rear power sunshade. It has a bad design and stopped working. I bought a used sunshade and installed it myself, cost $200. The dealer wanted $1000 for the part and to install! Other than that, this car has been incredibly reliable. The engine hasn't caused one issue for me and nothing in the interior has failed or fell apart (other than the sunshade). The fit and finish is hands down the best. This car is incredibly reliable and if you do all the maintenance yourself it won't cost much to maintain. It also gets great gas mileage for such a big car with a big V8
Favorite Features
Excellent Gas Mileage! I can get from my house to Los Angeles which is over 100 miles in less than a quarter of a tank! Sport Package (makes it look so much newer), Rear Sunshade, The Engine, Bose, The Climate Control and most of all the Reliability!
Suggested Improvements
The rear seat could have more room and the front seats could have a tin bit more lumbar but thats just me. Other than that the seats are wonderful especially on long trips