1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

E320 Wagon (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Mercedes Money Pit
By or_cagirl on 09/14/13 22:22 PM (PDT)

1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this wagon in Portland from a European used car dealership a few years ago. It only had 105 thousand miles, interior and exterior in great condition. My previous car was a 91 Volvo wagon and lasted 20 years but with teens being over 6'2, the Mercedes wagon has more leg room than the Volvos. Car ran well for the first year, then the mechanical problems started one after another. The cost for just an oil change is minimum $200.00. I paid $6000.00 for the car in 2010. Since then I have put over $10.000 into it in repairs. I spent less on my Volvo in the 20 years I owned it. I love the room of the E320 but the cost has been a nightmare. Caution before you buy!!!!

Not your Daddy's wagon
By James on 01/12/07 01:45 AM (PST)

1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I have only had my 1998 MB E320 wagon for 3 years. I have to upgrade in size due to the upgrade in size of my family but I really don't want this car to go. It's been super reliable, easy on the wallet at the pump, and has never lacked in fun factor. My kids even love the car! If anyone is ever in the market for a good used road trip car, this is it!

Didn't miss my Passat for long!
By juelladeville on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

Never have felt so secure on the road. Bought it when my daughter started school in next county.Great on highway. Yeah, cupholder is actually a better cell phone holder, but I'll deal! Bought it used with 29000 miles on it, saved a bunch over new and it still feels like new.