1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: This is my third MB

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

This is my third MB
By David Croft on

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my third MB, and my second diesel, and I have enjoyed every one. Even though the 97 Diesel in a non turbo it has plenty of go. My fuel mileage averages upper 20's around town to low thirties on the highway. I bought the car with 106K on the odo and after two years and at 135K on the odo the only major maintenance required has been changing the glow plugs, which requires pulling the intake manifold. The car is a joy to drive, and I constantly get compliments on its looks. I guess I am just fortunate because I have not experienced the problems with any of my MBs that so many others in this forum seem to have. I hope to always be fortunate enough to own an MB.

The ride, the build quality, the looks. I get excited everytime i drive this car.

Ok, I admit that those who are complaining about the cup holders may have a legitimate gripe. But everyone who gets in my car and uses it thinks the way it opens is the neatest thing. And I haven't had any problems with it.