Most fun luxury sedan/check engine light
By gsaylors on
1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan
I turn heads and people can't believe what you can get them for. However, my gripe is that in six months, it has been in to the dealership five times at least. Starmark is great but beware many things are not covered, I have paid $1000 out of pocket already and claimed $2000 more. And I also have the popping seat frame on acceleration etc. as another reviewer mentioned.(not covered by starmark). This is truly a love/hate relationship and my local service dept. hasn't impressed me with misdiagnoses only to be fixed at another dealership. Hope you all won't be as unlucky as me. In closing though this car is a wonderful combination of luxury and sport feel.
Favorite Features
Good power and handling. Truly one of the most classically beautiful cars on the road as its lines are superb. Plenty of room with very usable instrumentation. Has that heavy, solid feel yet is agile and fast.
Suggested Improvements
Too many gadgets breaking down at same time at 80k miles(xenon headlamps, fans, a/c system, dash lighting, power seat switch, fuel light switch,hoses ruptured, etc.) everytime I accelerate and decelerate my seat pops in and out of its track, is that safe?