1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: First Benz and I love it.

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

First Benz and I love it.
By MARK98115 on

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This is my first Mercedes and I could not be happier. This car actually makes me want to go and drive somewhere. It has the perfect balance of everything I want in a car - looks, performance, comfort and reliabiliy. I also find it very interesting that it has excellent visibility while driving at night. I assume that whatever the windshield is made of, it does a good job of filtering out the glare of oncoming traffic. Keeping in mind that this is a 4 door sedan, I five the car very high marks for the way it handles corners and country (twists and turns) driving, while the engine has plenty of power (and torgue) for passing, merging or just getting up to speed.

I find it really impossible to list favorite features. The car as a whole is almost perfect, so I'll just list the few shortcommings in the Suggested Improvements section.

The seats should have an adjustable lumbar support. This is the biggest shortcoming. Radio with a cassette player for an upscale vehicle. even in 1997 is sort of lame. Would be great if some company made a truck mounted MP3 player that hoocks directly into the CD- Changer plug.