1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Great Design

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

Great Design
By pete51 on

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car as a certified pre-owned 12years ago, it was my first Mercedes. Until you have owned one for a period of time, you can not appreciate the brand and what Mercedes about. Over the years, we have made some costly repairs rear seal replacement and transmission replacement, but the car now has 257K on it and when compared to newer cars, I will still take my chances with this car.
I have given it to my daughter as a first car,
we considered a trade for new more up to date car, only problem we could not find a better safe first time car.
Find a knowledgable Mercedes mechanic and enjoy a great car.

Solid build!

Stay loyal to the basics of solid design.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By pete51
on 10/14/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

Update: At 272,000 miles my daughter had an accident in the car. She ran off a bank that was 20 plus feet deep; it took two tow trucks to pull the car out. She was able to climb out of the car and crawl up the hill with her sister. Witness assumed they were seriously hurt until they saw them climb out of the car and come up the hill. Both had sore muscles but neither had a scratch. The wild thing, the car was able to crank and drive. It had a ton of damage, but a friend bought it did the repairs and is driving it today. It says volumes to what Mercedes was designed to do; keep you alive.