1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 3.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Instant Classic

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E320 Convertible (3.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Instant Classic
By Vassili on

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

The convertible is a remarkable car. I bought mine only recently and the car feels like a tank (almost as heavy as one, 4000lbs) and drives as smooth as a magic carpet. Very civilized and quiet, its aristocratic aura will rub off on you. Reliable so far (64k). The acceleration is very lethargic but once it gets going it carries momentum very effortlesly. What left an impression on me is how quiet it is with the top down and the rear windscreen up, doing 80 it feels like I am traveling first class. Truly a timeless jewel, I am the third and most likely the final owner.

Favorite Features

The no cost spared to design and built a car that makes the owner feel like a million bucks. I also feel that the car's shape with the sculpted sides and the calculated and proportionate lines is very elegant and purposeful

Suggested Improvements

Same as mentioned by other owners, glovebox would be much appreciated, cupholders would be nice to have. The acceleration is definitely a let down, but you get used to it... Besides owning a convertible is all about compromises. You just choose the ones you can live with :-)