Driving my Sun-Roofed Bank Vault
By DOUGCLEM on
1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible
I just acquired it!! Finally!Mega- comfort, Mega-quiet, Mega-class!! $93k new in 1995 got a buyer cupholders (Yes, I have them on the doors...$40 apiece), a decent sound system,super- chrome wheels, and the best drop-top coupe ever built. I've heard that Mercedes lost money on every one that they built due to engineering costs. All I know is that I can fly this baby over bad railroad tracks at 70 mph and the cowl doesn't move a centimeter. 500 lbs of lead in the 4 corners will do wonders for cowl-shake. Doesn't help off-the-line acceleration, but she'll boogie up to 130 mph without a whimper. Classic proportions, precision engineering, and faultless built add up to good investment.
Favorite Features
Classic looks. "Jeeves-The-Shoulderbelt- Valet". Lack of wind noise with the windsplit up. 4-place comfy. Pop-up rollbar/headrests.NiceCD changer/stereo. Locomotive-style handling. Bank-vault solid. I'll have it forever!!
Suggested Improvements
Quieter, faster off-the-line when you tromp it. 5000 lbs being pulled by 220 horses doesn't make for a quick getaway!!