1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
DREAM CAR
By JRM1972 on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

just bought the car 2 days ago..would not sell it for a million dollars..man I love this car..It is everything I was hoping it would be and then some.....anyone looking at one..just know it is not a race car...you really will love yourself so much for buying this car...this is worth the money..

WOW...I love this car
By buttermilk on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This car now has 51,000 and it is hard to understand how it stays so solid. This convertible has virtually no flex in the body. It has adequate power to do some "enjoyment" driving. It is refined, even by todays standards. I can put the kids in the back and cruise for hours.

Bitter Sweet
By 1942wla on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

My love for this car has had its moments. There is no ride like a solid benz. The acceleration and tranny is smooth and the motor is more than adequate to have a little fun. Super quiet ride and hard to believe it gets more than 22 mpg. The downside is it is over engineered. I spent a great deal of time and money combating the dummy lights. As I have 155k miles on my 420, these cars will run forever but be prepared to pay for it after 120k miles.

Don't buy one
By Jfa on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 10,000 miles onm it and it has been the worse car I have ever owned- will never buy another one. Now have 102,000 miles on it and have replaced fuel and water pumps and had numerous minor problems. Just found out i have a major electrical problem which will cost over $1000.00 to fix. Considering what I paid for the car, it has been a disaster. Am going to trade it in on an Acura.

converted
By Newmerc on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

It was difficult to research this vehicle once I found it. With such a limited production, there seems to be little press. The dealer recommended test-driving with the top up to experience the quiet, solid feel of the car. Its like driving a hard-top. Don't confuse this with a convertible sports car, though, it is more a well mannered car with a top that folds down. I'm hooked on driving again.

Amazing car
By daba_west on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This must be one of the best convertibles for 4 ever built. Very quiet, no rattles at all. Handling is better than the weight and skinny tires would suggest. Engine and transmission are plenty strong and very smooth. If there are only 2 in the car, put up the wind blocker and talk quietly with the top down. You'll be amazed.

great car
By CarolinaPeachCC on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Have owned this car since new (48 miles). Last '95 in the states with options we wanted. Car drives today(96K miles)like the first day i drove it home. Had some reliability problems during the warranty period but the dealership was great. No problems since (knock on wood). Hard to justify getting something new, afraid it won''t meet my expectations. I'm a mechanical engineer and have been around cars all my life. Very solid build, great engine.

Smoothest gasoline engine of all time
By Hirnbeiss on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

At 143000, this car has had no more reliability issues than other cars. The ride is still unsurpassed by new cars. Good luxury feeling. These cars are great for the technically minded - there's plenty of info on internet websites. If you can't do a lot yourself, though, many simple maintenance/repair items will cost you. Repairs since 100K: ignition lock, neutral safety switch, water pump

Great car
By luckydog on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used a couple of years ago and I love the versatility and the solid build of the car. I used to drive a Volvo and after driving a Honda and a Ford previously, I thought the Volvo was a pretty solid car; until I got the Mercedes. I feel totally safe in the car. It is pretty quiet as far as engine noise in the passenger compartment. However, there is some noise when going over rough road probably due to the echoing within the cabin (rather than being confined within a trunk like a sedan). My wife and I love the cavernous interior which allows us to do all sorts of shopping when needed. It is also a great car for road trips.

Rating a used E300 D - second owner NC
By Mark in NC on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

E300D black with classic grey accents. Mechanically sound but had some problems at first with (95 new) feul line design (O rings problamatic). Smooth ride, great looks. Bought from Local dealer specializing in used MB dealer (20+years). If, like me, you not mechanically inclined, the key to success is to get a friend you trust to recommomend a mechanic that specializes in MBs and is honest. Never look back!