Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great Car, Great Price
By K.L. Nadzak

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Hey, I "acquired" this fine vehicle back in 1995 and it has been a wonder. I've driven it everywhere and have had no mechanical issues. Example: I had to mysteriously travel from Florida to NY numerous times, stopping only for gas and the occasional White Castle. I put 9K on the car during one such trip, and she was running like new when I got back. Talk about reliability! I wish other things in my life were this reliable. My wife, girlfriend, son, and mother could all stand to learn something from this car. Hey, unlike my son, this car is a winner. If you have to evade people and institutions via long-term, interstate travel, you can't go wrong with the 95 E-Class

Favorite Features

Ride, interior comfort, and style. Hey, there are cars in this world with class, and there are cars in this world with no class. This one's got class.

Suggested Improvements

It was price new, and the financing terms left a lot to be desired. But like I've always said, high interest rates hurt only those who choose to pay them. Maintenance is also over-priced, but generally effective.

WOW!
By herefordzone

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I have had the E300D for about 10 days now, driving 800 miles. Nice, solid feeling, very comfortable. Gas mileage seems to be around 32mpg city and highway combined. Very well made- the car is in excellent shape for being 10 years old. Handles ok in snow, may be better with different tires.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include the MB tex seats, radio/CD system, and the single wiper. Headlights are bright, and the fog lights even brighter.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless entry system. I miss that.... Could use a better way to set the fan speed on the climate control system.

This has been a great car
By Gary

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. Bought it new, and have driven it hard for ten years. It's coming up on 150,000 miles and I will probably sell it to a friend soon, but it has been reliable, solid, fun to drive, and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Reliable, powerful, good handling, comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

It's a great car. Not much could be improved. I prefer the 95 styling to the "newer" one.

By dano300D

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

My E300D now has 205,000 miles - have replaced some wear items - front ball joints, 1 wheel bearing and the combo switch - but still basicly trouble free. I plan to put another 100k on and hopefully by then the new E320CDI (which is a fabulous car) will be affordable on the used market.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy - 30-35MPG always - Reliability - still the best of the 3 diesels I have owned (79 300D, 85 190D). Classic Mercedes lines - all new cars now look like a Ford Taurus - what's up with that?

Suggested Improvements

Still cup holders... back seat room - the S350 diesels of the same vintage are significantly larger. If room is a factor, try to look at one of those too.

Engine gaskets are lowest quality!
By uberthom

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I thought the '95 gave Mercedes 10 years to perfect the 300E. I was wrong. At 65,000 miles the engine gaskets are made of the worst quality materials and I have more than a few engine leaks. This is unacceptable. I am now facing a $1,200 expense to replace the head gasket and the replacement part is made of the same inferior material. This is the reason Mercedes has PLUMMETED in customer satisfaction. I plan to buy a LEXUS and I hope Mercedes goes out of business. They cannot even provide their customers with the $10 in materials it would take to solve this problem. They had to choose the $2 materials instead.Disgraceful and shameful!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality