Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Best used car for the money!
By El jacobo

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I had a Subaru Sti and replaced it with this. This is truly the last great Mercedes convertible! More like a rolls than a BMW. Elegant without being flashy. Great smooth transmission without a too big engine. Plenty of power but really a luxury car, not a sports car.

Build quality, suaveness.

Seats are comfy, but not quite as sweet as some newer models. No cup holders.

Class for the Cash!
By Carlton B. Russell

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This car is my first real luxury car, and I can honestly say you get what you pay for. The car is now 15 years old and I love driving it more and more each day. It is a classy, well built, dependable vehicle. Have put maybe $700 worth or repairs into it in a year for front struts and tension pulley, that's it. Oil changes are a little more pricey, but only need to be done every 7500 miles. Have learned to do a lot of minor repairs myself with the help of manuals and internet. Trust me if you ever ride in one you will see why I am so in love with my baby. Rode in a 2003 Benz and my car's ride is definitely smoother.

Classy interior and exterior. Well built car, that will treat you good if you treat it good.

Cup holders would have been nice, along with a real glove compartment, which were both added in later models.

great engine horrid HVAC
By radicalpumpboy

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

The twin-cam straight six has always been a great engine, and the variable cam version has to rate as one of MB's best engines. It pulls like a V8 and roars when told to do so. The engine is also bullet proof, as is the transmission, brakes, and suspension. All work like new after 112k miles. BUT, the car is best suited to milder climates -- like San Fran -- because the HVAC is total crap. I've lost heat in the winter and seldom had cold air in the summer, despite spending lots and lots of money on constant repairs. The locks are also a weak spot.

As mentions: superb engine. Good ergodynamics. Classic styling.

Electrical and HVAC reliability should be up to Kia standard rather than at par with Yugo.

the best
By valentinoviola

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

my second e300(now e320) Mercedes Benz wagon. excellent car,practically indestructible, my old baby I trade at 240.000 miles,I have lot of road with this new one!!

quite and powerful engine,comfort,stile.

bigger tail lite,maybe.

Thanks Rudolf
By andrew

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

Bought my 95 E300D in Jan of '07 with 282,000 miles on it and 1" Benz 430 wheels with a spare in the trunk. I have put almost 20k more on it with 12K+ using Biodiesel B99/B100. On the Bio, this car is as quiet and smooth as a Corolla. It is also great with an Elsbett veggie oil kit. Plus, in LA stop and go, the car averages 25-27mpg, which is almost the same as my wife's 2000 Corolla. This car is a solid as they come. I hope that it never gets totaled.

I can push or pull your Suburban up a hill.

Cup holders. If you buy one of these, upgrade the wheels to 17" for a better ride and better mileage.