1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Would Buy It Again in A Heart Beat!
By Jojo's Baby Blue on 03/04/05 22:26 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased brand new and it has been a gem. The price was definitely justifiable, for I probably would've had to purchased at least 2 other cars within this 10 year timeframe if I did't have my Benz. I have had no major problems and have kept up with routine maintenance. Most maintenance can only be done by the dealer which isn't pocket change, but is "far less" than a car note. The most has been $900 at the 90,000 mile check-up. At 10 years, I'm embarking on my 1st major service with the engine which will be about $2500, still less than a carnote, so I'm going to keep it instead of trading it in. It's a classic. The body still looks like the day I purchased it.

Very solid vehicle
By johnhon on 02/22/05 05:42 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 117,000 mi and it now has 150,000 mi. This is my first MB after Volvos, Saabs, Fords. These cars are engineered very well but that means that everything that can go wrong or wear out has a sensor attached to it, and it can be frustrating troubleshooting problems. I'm a DIY'er and if you are looking for a used trouble free car do not buy a MB. This is a very solid car and excellent in the snow and gas mileage is very good. It also rides beautifully. Do not buy an E class after 1995, they went downhill after that year. If you do buy used try to get an independent mechanic because the 'stealerships' are a real hassle. They think if you drive a MB you are rich.

Best of the best
By Gino on 01/29/05 19:45 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 4 years and this is the best car I have owned. No problems,just regular maintenance and oil change. It is very fast and classy. This is what the Benz should look like. The newer E-class is ugly and suffers poor reliability - not a true Benz! Ask any Benz mechanic which is the most reliable model ever built and he will tell you the same thing. A Class of its own!

Solid, Well Built German Cruiser
By y2kimmel on 01/12/05 08:49 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

I have owned my E420 for 1.5 years now, and love it. I previously owned 2 BMWs, and consider the build quality of the Mercedes to be superior. No squeaks or rattles on a 10 years old car! The engine is turbine-smooth, the suspension is silky, and fuel economy is better than many V6s. This is a car that I could see myself driving for another 100,000 miles.

Driving my Sun-Roofed Bank Vault
By DOUGCLEM on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I just acquired it!! Finally!Mega- comfort, Mega-quiet, Mega-class!! $93k new in 1995 got a buyer cupholders (Yes, I have them on the doors...$40 apiece), a decent sound system,super- chrome wheels, and the best drop-top coupe ever built. I've heard that Mercedes lost money on every one that they built due to engineering costs. All I know is that I can fly this baby over bad railroad tracks at 70 mph and the cowl doesn't move a centimeter. 500 lbs of lead in the 4 corners will do wonders for cowl-shake. Doesn't help off-the-line acceleration, but she'll boogie up to 130 mph without a whimper. Classic proportions, precision engineering, and faultless built add up to good investment.

Instant Classic
By Vassili on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

The convertible is a remarkable car. I bought mine only recently and the car feels like a tank (almost as heavy as one, 4000lbs) and drives as smooth as a magic carpet. Very civilized and quiet, its aristocratic aura will rub off on you. Reliable so far (64k). The acceleration is very lethargic but once it gets going it carries momentum very effortlesly. What left an impression on me is how quiet it is with the top down and the rear windscreen up, doing 80 it feels like I am traveling first class. Truly a timeless jewel, I am the third and most likely the final owner.

e320 cabriolet
By Mercedes Cabriolet on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This has to be the finest 4 place cabriolet ever built. I have had mine for right at 5 years now and every time I get in it to drive it I have to smile. Great gas mileage and once you upgrade the tires and wheels to 16 or 17inch it handles wonderfully. I have the sportline and would highly recommend that option. Not great rear leg room but it will do in a pinch. Engine is a great machine, I upgraded the rear end to a more aggressive gearing and now it performs like it should have from the factory.

Almost Perfect
By RADJ on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is the best (6th) diesel I have owned, bar none. Purchased from the original owner with 124K on the odometer. It is a very refined automobile with a simple, economical, engine. It is not a stoplight racer but will devour large expanses of highway with aplomb. Fuel economy is consistently 32-34mpg with mostly highway driving at 65-70mph. I highly recommend this model and this particular year. It was the last year for this body style. It has a larger fuel tank than the new models. So far (at 127K), everything works, though not always perfectly.

German Muscle
By Peugeot4Jacques on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

Amazing car. Gifted with a elegant yet aggressive V8 engine, this highway warrior floats down the road with ease. With proper car and maintence this car runs forever and is built like a tank. The styling is some what conservative but the interior and trunk are large, as with every merecedes. I've driven this car primary for highway travel were this flashy V8 amazingly exhibits better gas mileage than my V6 300E! It's a breeze through traffic and BLAST on the open road. Looking for some muscle but need to be comfortable driving with bussiness attire... this is your car.

95 E-class Diesel
By pointA2pointB on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I cant say enough about this vehicle. We are the original owners. It is a fuel efficient, luxury work horse that still looks and runs like the day we drove it off the lot. Drawbacks are that it's a little noisy (but that's a trade off for the 550+ radius you can drive w/out refueling). You may find the air conditioning is not as efficient as gas models, and perhaps a little sluggish (pulling out into traffic)compared to a gas vehicle. If you can find one in nice shape, you will find that its attributes far outweigh these drawbacks.