1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
the best
By valentinoviola on 08/17/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

my second e300(now e320) Mercedes Benz wagon. excellent car,practically indestructible, my old baby I trade at 240.000 miles,I have lot of road with this new one!!

Thanks Rudolf
By andrew on 12/23/08 14:32 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

Bought my 95 E300D in Jan of '07 with 282,000 miles on it and 1" Benz 430 wheels with a spare in the trunk. I have put almost 20k more on it with 12K+ using Biodiesel B99/B100. On the Bio, this car is as quiet and smooth as a Corolla. It is also great with an Elsbett veggie oil kit. Plus, in LA stop and go, the car averages 25-27mpg, which is almost the same as my wife's 2000 Corolla. This car is a solid as they come. I hope that it never gets totaled.

Good performance, reliability disappoints
By Charles on 11/24/07 10:40 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

Purchased model year 1995 E320 wagon in 2003 with 63,000 miles on it. Although it is a wagon, it drives like a sedan and is actually quite fun to drive. The cargo capacity cannot be beat. Primary issue is maintenance and reliability. Just about every part that can break has broken. Spent more on maintenance and repair than original purchase price. From overhauled transmission to the litany of sensors gone bad, this car is not any better than a usually maligned "American" car.

Poor Gaskets
By Pip on 08/31/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

Great car that feels sturdy and smooth. Purchased the car with 69k and Head Gaket, front engine seal and front timing chain cover was all leaking. After fixing those items it started to have electrical problems. The engine wire harness was brittle and arcing under the top engine cover. Then the center vents in the dash stopped flowing air. To fix, $300 up to $1200 depending on the 6 vacuum pods (10 hours labor).

Gosh, I love this car!
By Midwest Merc Lover on 01/25/07 19:39 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Mercedes, my 3rd diesel. Wow, they got this one right. It's powerful, reasonably quiet, dead simple to maintain, and the parts aren't bad at all. Bought her with 235k on her, and did ball joints, tie rod ends, brake line ends, and an epic cleaning. Changed the oil and coolant several times, cleaning out the sins of the previous owner. I've put 10k miles on in 6 months, and nothing but smiles. I hit 40 mpg on a 800 mile road trip in October, and nailed 41 mpg on a 400 mile trek later that month! The daily commute gets 36 mpg in the summer, down to 31 in the winter. She's big, she's bad, she's comfortable, and the wife even likes her. Worth the steep price.

Great Car, Great Price
By K.L. Nadzak on 07/07/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Hey, I "acquired" this fine vehicle back in 1995 and it has been a wonder. I've driven it everywhere and have had no mechanical issues. Example: I had to mysteriously travel from Florida to NY numerous times, stopping only for gas and the occasional White Castle. I put 9K on the car during one such trip, and she was running like new when I got back. Talk about reliability! I wish other things in my life were this reliable. My wife, girlfriend, son, and mother could all stand to learn something from this car. Hey, unlike my son, this car is a winner. If you have to evade people and institutions via long-term, interstate travel, you can't go wrong with the 95 E-Class

WOW!
By herefordzone on 12/18/05 20:26 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I have had the E300D for about 10 days now, driving 800 miles. Nice, solid feeling, very comfortable. Gas mileage seems to be around 32mpg city and highway combined. Very well made- the car is in excellent shape for being 10 years old. Handles ok in snow, may be better with different tires.

This has been a great car
By Gary on 09/13/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. Bought it new, and have driven it hard for ten years. It's coming up on 150,000 miles and I will probably sell it to a friend soon, but it has been reliable, solid, fun to drive, and comfortable.

By dano300D on 04/27/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

My E300D now has 205,000 miles - have replaced some wear items - front ball joints, 1 wheel bearing and the combo switch - but still basicly trouble free. I plan to put another 100k on and hopefully by then the new E320CDI (which is a fabulous car) will be affordable on the used market.

Engine gaskets are lowest quality!
By uberthom on 03/11/05 19:22 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I thought the '95 gave Mercedes 10 years to perfect the 300E. I was wrong. At 65,000 miles the engine gaskets are made of the worst quality materials and I have more than a few engine leaks. This is unacceptable. I am now facing a $1,200 expense to replace the head gasket and the replacement part is made of the same inferior material. This is the reason Mercedes has PLUMMETED in customer satisfaction. I plan to buy a LEXUS and I hope Mercedes goes out of business. They cannot even provide their customers with the $10 in materials it would take to solve this problem. They had to choose the $2 materials instead.Disgraceful and shameful!