Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Choose wisely, and you'll be rewarded.
By pentaconsix

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

With the youngest W124 now at 15 years old, you'll have to be picky and discerning when buying on. I found a 95 with only 78,000 miles on the odo. The car has been a joy to drive & own. Try to find one where the previous owner has already done the major repairs: trans rebuild, head gasket replacement, wiring harness replacement. Mine had all those items already done. The looks of the W124 has aged very well, looking neither vintage or new though. The engine performance is still good by today's standard, but not as peppy as cars all seem to accelerate with more pep. My E320 has been reliable and starts up with just one turn of the key every time.

INTERIOR: The interior is well thought out and beautiful. It has just enough flair while simultaneously being utilitarian. The ride quality of this car is very smooth RIDE QUALITY: the suspension is very smooth without being like an old Cadillac. Steering is precise.

No sup much improvements, but quirks for potential buyers to be aware of. The door lock and ignition locks do break. It's best to replace the locks at the first sign of stickiness as you turn the key. Only 15 min repair if caught on time. Other wise, headache once the lock breaks, will take hours.

My kid flipped my E300D
By Seismoa

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I drove this car 296,000miles in 10 years before my kid reminded me of why I bought it in the first place. Kid took a curve too fast and the car ended up on the roof, motor running, wheels turning. I never expected that this would really happen my desire to have a safe "old" car for my kid was my motivation in buying this car when my kid was ten years away from having a driver's license. What kind of person would complain about their kid wrecking a 15 year old car with nearly 300k miles and walking away without a scratch. I found my newest car on CL. Yes, it is another 1995 MB E300D (only 200k miles!). If lightning strikes twice, I want the same outcome as the first strike.

engine by Rudolph

As good as it gets.
By Mrjohn

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd M-B diesel and is just a rock solid car. 15 years old and looks like new, yea, there are a few little issues with fuses etc, but who cares when you get about 38 mpg overall. Rides great and has plenty of power for a diesel, keep them serviced and they'll run for ever!

Awesome mileage!

Cup holders, better electrics.

Full of problems
By PNW

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

My experience was not good at all, I paid more in repairs in one year than the car was worth. I bought it with 113k miles and within one year I had to replace the transmission, head gasket, neutral safety switch, ignition tumbler, blower motor regulator, combination relay. I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting. Of course, the previous owners might have played a big part in these issues, but after reading the online forums apparently most have these issues. According to my mechanic the wiring harness also crumbles but I never waited for that and sold it to buy a Honda.

Beautiful exterior styling

Leaky gaskets, poor gas mileage, outdated dash for a 95 vehicle, zero cup holders, very minimal storage inside because of it has no glove box, expensive parts for a car that tends to break too often.

Best used car for the money!
By El jacobo

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I had a Subaru Sti and replaced it with this. This is truly the last great Mercedes convertible! More like a rolls than a BMW. Elegant without being flashy. Great smooth transmission without a too big engine. Plenty of power but really a luxury car, not a sports car.

Build quality, suaveness.

Seats are comfy, but not quite as sweet as some newer models. No cup holders.

• SUV