1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

E320 3.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )
EXCELLENT CAR
By tcatter on 09/09/13 17:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car at least 3 years ago with 50,000. Yes, 50,000 from a lady in Encino who passed away. It has not given me ONE PROBLEM other than scheduled issues. My Mom drives it and has put on at least 30 to 40k. I cannot express to you enough how well built these cars are.

the best
By valentinoviola on 08/17/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

my second e300(now e320) Mercedes Benz wagon. excellent car,practically indestructible, my old baby I trade at 240.000 miles,I have lot of road with this new one!!

Good performance, reliability disappoints
By Charles on 11/24/07 10:40 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

Purchased model year 1995 E320 wagon in 2003 with 63,000 miles on it. Although it is a wagon, it drives like a sedan and is actually quite fun to drive. The cargo capacity cannot be beat. Primary issue is maintenance and reliability. Just about every part that can break has broken. Spent more on maintenance and repair than original purchase price. From overhauled transmission to the litany of sensors gone bad, this car is not any better than a usually maligned "American" car.

Poor Gaskets
By Pip on 08/31/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

Great car that feels sturdy and smooth. Purchased the car with 69k and Head Gaket, front engine seal and front timing chain cover was all leaking. After fixing those items it started to have electrical problems. The engine wire harness was brittle and arcing under the top engine cover. Then the center vents in the dash stopped flowing air. To fix, $300 up to $1200 depending on the 6 vacuum pods (10 hours labor).

Very solid vehicle
By johnhon on 02/22/05 05:42 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car with 117,000 mi and it now has 150,000 mi. This is my first MB after Volvos, Saabs, Fords. These cars are engineered very well but that means that everything that can go wrong or wear out has a sensor attached to it, and it can be frustrating troubleshooting problems. I'm a DIY'er and if you are looking for a used trouble free car do not buy a MB. This is a very solid car and excellent in the snow and gas mileage is very good. It also rides beautifully. Do not buy an E class after 1995, they went downhill after that year. If you do buy used try to get an independent mechanic because the 'stealerships' are a real hassle. They think if you drive a MB you are rich.

Great car
By luckydog on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used a couple of years ago and I love the versatility and the solid build of the car. I used to drive a Volvo and after driving a Honda and a Ford previously, I thought the Volvo was a pretty solid car; until I got the Mercedes. I feel totally safe in the car. It is pretty quiet as far as engine noise in the passenger compartment. However, there is some noise when going over rough road probably due to the echoing within the cabin (rather than being confined within a trunk like a sedan). My wife and I love the cavernous interior which allows us to do all sorts of shopping when needed. It is also a great car for road trips.

More than I expected.
By Original Owner on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

After a few weeks of driving my new car, I thought, I hope I will always own a Mercedes. Talking to another '95 Mercedes owner that owned a number of cars including a new Lexus LS4xx, he brought up that same feeling about his Mercedes. At 60,000 the car was running better than other cars I've owned with less mileage. It was more reliable, with very tight body. I was begining to think trade-in, when I brought it in for the 60,000 mile check- up. As I drove it away from the dealer, I was amazed that it drove as well as it did the day I bought it. At 75,00 there is still no reason to trade it in. It has been a great automobile, much better than I expected.

Worth It?
By MB? on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

I liked our old 1985 300D better. It feels solid but the tranny is bizarre. The second gear kick is somewhat like my old diesel MB.

No thanks
By B Sim on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4dr Wagon

Not impressed with this Mercedes. The brakes sqweel when coming to a stop. No cup holders, glove box, or storage. At around 60K the fuel pump, steering pump, headlight switch, sun roof switch, mirror switch, and exhoust pipe failed. Constently replacing the tailight bulbs. The stereo sucks, the seats are too hard,the accelerator is too stiff, and I had to stuff foam everywhere in the back panels to cut down on the road noise! The car does drive nice however...