1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Best of the best
By Gino on 01/29/05 19:45 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E420 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 4 years and this is the best car I have owned. No problems,just regular maintenance and oil change. It is very fast and classy. This is what the Benz should look like. The newer E-class is ugly and suffers poor reliability - not a true Benz! Ask any Benz mechanic which is the most reliable model ever built and he will tell you the same thing. A Class of its own!

Solid, Well Built German Cruiser
By y2kimmel on 01/12/05 08:49 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E420 4dr Sedan

I have owned my E420 for 1.5 years now, and love it. I previously owned 2 BMWs, and consider the build quality of the Mercedes to be superior. No squeaks or rattles on a 10 years old car! The engine is turbine-smooth, the suspension is silky, and fuel economy is better than many V6s. This is a car that I could see myself driving for another 100,000 miles.

German Muscle
By Peugeot4Jacques on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E420 4dr Sedan

Amazing car. Gifted with a elegant yet aggressive V8 engine, this highway warrior floats down the road with ease. With proper car and maintence this car runs forever and is built like a tank. The styling is some what conservative but the interior and trunk are large, as with every merecedes. I've driven this car primary for highway travel were this flashy V8 amazingly exhibits better gas mileage than my V6 300E! It's a breeze through traffic and BLAST on the open road. Looking for some muscle but need to be comfortable driving with bussiness attire... this is your car.

Bitter Sweet
By 1942wla on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E420 4dr Sedan

My love for this car has had its moments. There is no ride like a solid benz. The acceleration and tranny is smooth and the motor is more than adequate to have a little fun. Super quiet ride and hard to believe it gets more than 22 mpg. The downside is it is over engineered. I spent a great deal of time and money combating the dummy lights. As I have 155k miles on my 420, these cars will run forever but be prepared to pay for it after 120k miles.

A Fun, Solid, Safe Ride
By Jake_o on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E420 4dr Sedan

Around 115k miles my 'check engine' and 'ARS' dummy lights came on, costing me aboiut $2k in repairs. Other than this recent problems, the car handles great and has acceptable acceleration qualities.