Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

E300D 3.0L 6-cyl. Diesel 4-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

For a work car this thing rocks
By simran1

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E300D 4dr Sedan

This is the second 300D I've had I work out of my vehicle 12-14 hours per day 5-6 days per week. I wanted comfort, reliability & economy. I got it in spades. This one I've had 2 years. I've put over 100,000 miles on it and it has delivered continually. You just have to regular maint. I take care of it and it takes care of me. 265,000 and counting.

Favorite Features

economy & comfort all in 1 package.

Suggested Improvements

AC

My kid flipped my E300D
By Seismoa

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E300D 4dr Sedan

I drove this car 296,000miles in 10 years before my kid reminded me of why I bought it in the first place. Kid took a curve too fast and the car ended up on the roof, motor running, wheels turning. I never expected that this would really happen my desire to have a safe "old" car for my kid was my motivation in buying this car when my kid was ten years away from having a driver's license. What kind of person would complain about their kid wrecking a 15 year old car with nearly 300k miles and walking away without a scratch. I found my newest car on CL. Yes, it is another 1995 MB E300D (only 200k miles!). If lightning strikes twice, I want the same outcome as the first strike.

Favorite Features

engine by Rudolph

As good as it gets.
By Mrjohn

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd M-B diesel and is just a rock solid car. 15 years old and looks like new, yea, there are a few little issues with fuses etc, but who cares when you get about 38 mpg overall. Rides great and has plenty of power for a diesel, keep them serviced and they'll run for ever!

Favorite Features

Awesome mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, better electrics.

Thanks Rudolf
By andrew

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E300D 4dr Sedan

Bought my 95 E300D in Jan of '07 with 282,000 miles on it and 1" Benz 430 wheels with a spare in the trunk. I have put almost 20k more on it with 12K+ using Biodiesel B99/B100. On the Bio, this car is as quiet and smooth as a Corolla. It is also great with an Elsbett veggie oil kit. Plus, in LA stop and go, the car averages 25-27mpg, which is almost the same as my wife's 2000 Corolla. This car is a solid as they come. I hope that it never gets totaled.

Favorite Features

I can push or pull your Suburban up a hill.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. If you buy one of these, upgrade the wheels to 17" for a better ride and better mileage.

Gosh, I love this car!
By Midwest Merc Lover

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Mercedes, my 3rd diesel. Wow, they got this one right. It's powerful, reasonably quiet, dead simple to maintain, and the parts aren't bad at all. Bought her with 235k on her, and did ball joints, tie rod ends, brake line ends, and an epic cleaning. Changed the oil and coolant several times, cleaning out the sins of the previous owner. I've put 10k miles on in 6 months, and nothing but smiles. I hit 40 mpg on a 800 mile road trip in October, and nailed 41 mpg on a 400 mile trek later that month! The daily commute gets 36 mpg in the summer, down to 31 in the winter. She's big, she's bad, she's comfortable, and the wife even likes her. Worth the steep price.

Favorite Features

Traction control is spooky good. Antilock works great. Love those heated seats. Cheap to insure, cheap to run. Galvanized body is holding up well. Compatible with low sulphur diesel!

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof does not look to be correctly aligned when closed, but does not leak. Headlight wiper motor burnt out in icy conditions. Why didn't it pop the fuse?