Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Best used car for the money!
By El jacobo

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I had a Subaru Sti and replaced it with this. This is truly the last great Mercedes convertible! More like a rolls than a BMW. Elegant without being flashy. Great smooth transmission without a too big engine. Plenty of power but really a luxury car, not a sports car.

Build quality, suaveness.

Seats are comfy, but not quite as sweet as some newer models. No cup holders.

Driving my Sun-Roofed Bank Vault
By DOUGCLEM

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I just acquired it!! Finally!Mega- comfort, Mega-quiet, Mega-class!! $93k new in 1995 got a buyer cupholders (Yes, I have them on the doors...$40 apiece), a decent sound system,super- chrome wheels, and the best drop-top coupe ever built. I've heard that Mercedes lost money on every one that they built due to engineering costs. All I know is that I can fly this baby over bad railroad tracks at 70 mph and the cowl doesn't move a centimeter. 500 lbs of lead in the 4 corners will do wonders for cowl-shake. Doesn't help off-the-line acceleration, but she'll boogie up to 130 mph without a whimper. Classic proportions, precision engineering, and faultless built add up to good investment.

Classic looks. "Jeeves-The-Shoulderbelt- Valet". Lack of wind noise with the windsplit up. 4-place comfy. Pop-up rollbar/headrests.NiceCD changer/stereo. Locomotive-style handling. Bank-vault solid. I'll have it forever!!

Quieter, faster off-the-line when you tromp it. 5000 lbs being pulled by 220 horses doesn't make for a quick getaway!!

Instant Classic
By Vassili

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

The convertible is a remarkable car. I bought mine only recently and the car feels like a tank (almost as heavy as one, 4000lbs) and drives as smooth as a magic carpet. Very civilized and quiet, its aristocratic aura will rub off on you. Reliable so far (64k). The acceleration is very lethargic but once it gets going it carries momentum very effortlesly. What left an impression on me is how quiet it is with the top down and the rear windscreen up, doing 80 it feels like I am traveling first class. Truly a timeless jewel, I am the third and most likely the final owner.

The no cost spared to design and built a car that makes the owner feel like a million bucks. I also feel that the car's shape with the sculpted sides and the calculated and proportionate lines is very elegant and purposeful

Same as mentioned by other owners, glovebox would be much appreciated, cupholders would be nice to have. The acceleration is definitely a let down, but you get used to it... Besides owning a convertible is all about compromises. You just choose the ones you can live with :-)

e320 cabriolet
By Mercedes Cabriolet

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This has to be the finest 4 place cabriolet ever built. I have had mine for right at 5 years now and every time I get in it to drive it I have to smile. Great gas mileage and once you upgrade the tires and wheels to 16 or 17inch it handles wonderfully. I have the sportline and would highly recommend that option. Not great rear leg room but it will do in a pinch. Engine is a great machine, I upgraded the rear end to a more aggressive gearing and now it performs like it should have from the factory.

Power top (mechanical wonder) an class executive look in a fun to drive cabriolet. Ages graciously, I still have people think that it is only a year or two old when they ask about my car and its age.

more rear leg room would have been nice. slightly more power from a dead stop. Here in the USA top end speed is not nearly as important as 0 to 60 times.

WOW...I love this car
By buttermilk

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This car now has 51,000 and it is hard to understand how it stays so solid. This convertible has virtually no flex in the body. It has adequate power to do some "enjoyment" driving. It is refined, even by todays standards. I can put the kids in the back and cruise for hours.

Top down driving in an amazingly well built automobile

Sound system, glove box, bigger wheels & tires. Even the kids complain about leg room.