1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Best used car for the money!
By El jacobo on 07/17/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I had a Subaru Sti and replaced it with this. This is truly the last great Mercedes convertible! More like a rolls than a BMW. Elegant without being flashy. Great smooth transmission without a too big engine. Plenty of power but really a luxury car, not a sports car.

Driving my Sun-Roofed Bank Vault
By DOUGCLEM on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I just acquired it!! Finally!Mega- comfort, Mega-quiet, Mega-class!! $93k new in 1995 got a buyer cupholders (Yes, I have them on the doors...$40 apiece), a decent sound system,super- chrome wheels, and the best drop-top coupe ever built. I've heard that Mercedes lost money on every one that they built due to engineering costs. All I know is that I can fly this baby over bad railroad tracks at 70 mph and the cowl doesn't move a centimeter. 500 lbs of lead in the 4 corners will do wonders for cowl-shake. Doesn't help off-the-line acceleration, but she'll boogie up to 130 mph without a whimper. Classic proportions, precision engineering, and faultless built add up to good investment.

Instant Classic
By Vassili on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

The convertible is a remarkable car. I bought mine only recently and the car feels like a tank (almost as heavy as one, 4000lbs) and drives as smooth as a magic carpet. Very civilized and quiet, its aristocratic aura will rub off on you. Reliable so far (64k). The acceleration is very lethargic but once it gets going it carries momentum very effortlesly. What left an impression on me is how quiet it is with the top down and the rear windscreen up, doing 80 it feels like I am traveling first class. Truly a timeless jewel, I am the third and most likely the final owner.

e320 cabriolet
By Mercedes Cabriolet on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This has to be the finest 4 place cabriolet ever built. I have had mine for right at 5 years now and every time I get in it to drive it I have to smile. Great gas mileage and once you upgrade the tires and wheels to 16 or 17inch it handles wonderfully. I have the sportline and would highly recommend that option. Not great rear leg room but it will do in a pinch. Engine is a great machine, I upgraded the rear end to a more aggressive gearing and now it performs like it should have from the factory.

WOW...I love this car
By buttermilk on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This car now has 51,000 and it is hard to understand how it stays so solid. This convertible has virtually no flex in the body. It has adequate power to do some "enjoyment" driving. It is refined, even by todays standards. I can put the kids in the back and cruise for hours.

converted
By Newmerc on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

It was difficult to research this vehicle once I found it. With such a limited production, there seems to be little press. The dealer recommended test-driving with the top up to experience the quiet, solid feel of the car. Its like driving a hard-top. Don't confuse this with a convertible sports car, though, it is more a well mannered car with a top that folds down. I'm hooked on driving again.

Amazing car
By daba_west on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

This must be one of the best convertibles for 4 ever built. Very quiet, no rattles at all. Handling is better than the weight and skinny tires would suggest. Engine and transmission are plenty strong and very smooth. If there are only 2 in the car, put up the wind blocker and talk quietly with the top down. You'll be amazed.

mercedes e320 coupe convertible
By mccainpup on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

fantastic looking car with comfort and good re sale values. a modern classic that will only appreciate in value, one of the last true great mercedes coupe convertibles made, buy one and keep hold of it!

e320 convertible
By gk on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

EXCELLENT!