1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
For a work car this thing rocks
By simran1 on 10/10/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is the second 300D I've had I work out of my vehicle 12-14 hours per day 5-6 days per week. I wanted comfort, reliability & economy. I got it in spades. This one I've had 2 years. I've put over 100,000 miles on it and it has delivered continually. You just have to regular maint. I take care of it and it takes care of me. 265,000 and counting.

My kid flipped my E300D
By Seismoa on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I drove this car 296,000miles in 10 years before my kid reminded me of why I bought it in the first place. Kid took a curve too fast and the car ended up on the roof, motor running, wheels turning. I never expected that this would really happen my desire to have a safe "old" car for my kid was my motivation in buying this car when my kid was ten years away from having a driver's license. What kind of person would complain about their kid wrecking a 15 year old car with nearly 300k miles and walking away without a scratch. I found my newest car on CL. Yes, it is another 1995 MB E300D (only 200k miles!). If lightning strikes twice, I want the same outcome as the first strike.

As good as it gets.
By Mrjohn on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd M-B diesel and is just a rock solid car. 15 years old and looks like new, yea, there are a few little issues with fuses etc, but who cares when you get about 38 mpg overall. Rides great and has plenty of power for a diesel, keep them serviced and they'll run for ever!

Thanks Rudolf
By andrew on 12/23/08 14:32 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

Bought my 95 E300D in Jan of '07 with 282,000 miles on it and 1" Benz 430 wheels with a spare in the trunk. I have put almost 20k more on it with 12K+ using Biodiesel B99/B100. On the Bio, this car is as quiet and smooth as a Corolla. It is also great with an Elsbett veggie oil kit. Plus, in LA stop and go, the car averages 25-27mpg, which is almost the same as my wife's 2000 Corolla. This car is a solid as they come. I hope that it never gets totaled.

Gosh, I love this car!
By Midwest Merc Lover on 01/25/07 19:39 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Mercedes, my 3rd diesel. Wow, they got this one right. It's powerful, reasonably quiet, dead simple to maintain, and the parts aren't bad at all. Bought her with 235k on her, and did ball joints, tie rod ends, brake line ends, and an epic cleaning. Changed the oil and coolant several times, cleaning out the sins of the previous owner. I've put 10k miles on in 6 months, and nothing but smiles. I hit 40 mpg on a 800 mile road trip in October, and nailed 41 mpg on a 400 mile trek later that month! The daily commute gets 36 mpg in the summer, down to 31 in the winter. She's big, she's bad, she's comfortable, and the wife even likes her. Worth the steep price.

WOW!
By herefordzone on 12/18/05 20:26 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I have had the E300D for about 10 days now, driving 800 miles. Nice, solid feeling, very comfortable. Gas mileage seems to be around 32mpg city and highway combined. Very well made- the car is in excellent shape for being 10 years old. Handles ok in snow, may be better with different tires.

By dano300D on 04/27/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

My E300D now has 205,000 miles - have replaced some wear items - front ball joints, 1 wheel bearing and the combo switch - but still basicly trouble free. I plan to put another 100k on and hopefully by then the new E320CDI (which is a fabulous car) will be affordable on the used market.

Almost Perfect
By RADJ on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is the best (6th) diesel I have owned, bar none. Purchased from the original owner with 124K on the odometer. It is a very refined automobile with a simple, economical, engine. It is not a stoplight racer but will devour large expanses of highway with aplomb. Fuel economy is consistently 32-34mpg with mostly highway driving at 65-70mph. I highly recommend this model and this particular year. It was the last year for this body style. It has a larger fuel tank than the new models. So far (at 127K), everything works, though not always perfectly.

95 E-class Diesel
By pointA2pointB on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I cant say enough about this vehicle. We are the original owners. It is a fuel efficient, luxury work horse that still looks and runs like the day we drove it off the lot. Drawbacks are that it's a little noisy (but that's a trade off for the 550+ radius you can drive w/out refueling). You may find the air conditioning is not as efficient as gas models, and perhaps a little sluggish (pulling out into traffic)compared to a gas vehicle. If you can find one in nice shape, you will find that its attributes far outweigh these drawbacks.

DREAM CAR
By JRM1972 on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

just bought the car 2 days ago..would not sell it for a million dollars..man I love this car..It is everything I was hoping it would be and then some.....anyone looking at one..just know it is not a race car...you really will love yourself so much for buying this car...this is worth the money..