1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Trading Up
By observer1992 on 11/01/11 09:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 1995 E320, I was just looking around because my 1995 Saturn SL1 was starting to have some reliability issues and had just reached 210,000 miles. I was looking at Ford Focus, but the Mercedes E320 caught my eye and after the first minute of the test drive I knew I had found a solid car. My E320 has 155,000 miles on it and I had a mechanic check it out and it was given a clean bill of health. I would recommend one of these cars to anyone who is willing to give a 16 year old car a try.

Choose wisely, and you'll be rewarded.
By pentaconsix on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

With the youngest W124 now at 15 years old, you'll have to be picky and discerning when buying on. I found a 95 with only 78,000 miles on the odo. The car has been a joy to drive & own. Try to find one where the previous owner has already done the major repairs: trans rebuild, head gasket replacement, wiring harness replacement. Mine had all those items already done. The looks of the W124 has aged very well, looking neither vintage or new though. The engine performance is still good by today's standard, but not as peppy as cars all seem to accelerate with more pep. My E320 has been reliable and starts up with just one turn of the key every time.

Full of problems
By PNW on 07/27/10 14:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

My experience was not good at all, I paid more in repairs in one year than the car was worth. I bought it with 113k miles and within one year I had to replace the transmission, head gasket, neutral safety switch, ignition tumbler, blower motor regulator, combination relay. I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting. Of course, the previous owners might have played a big part in these issues, but after reading the online forums apparently most have these issues. According to my mechanic the wiring harness also crumbles but I never waited for that and sold it to buy a Honda.

Class for the Cash!
By Carlton B. Russell on 05/29/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This car is my first real luxury car, and I can honestly say you get what you pay for. The car is now 15 years old and I love driving it more and more each day. It is a classy, well built, dependable vehicle. Have put maybe $700 worth or repairs into it in a year for front struts and tension pulley, that's it. Oil changes are a little more pricey, but only need to be done every 7500 miles. Have learned to do a lot of minor repairs myself with the help of manuals and internet. Trust me if you ever ride in one you will see why I am so in love with my baby. Rode in a 2003 Benz and my car's ride is definitely smoother.

great engine horrid HVAC
By radicalpumpboy on 05/11/10 04:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

The twin-cam straight six has always been a great engine, and the variable cam version has to rate as one of MB's best engines. It pulls like a V8 and roars when told to do so. The engine is also bullet proof, as is the transmission, brakes, and suspension. All work like new after 112k miles. BUT, the car is best suited to milder climates -- like San Fran -- because the HVAC is total crap. I've lost heat in the winter and seldom had cold air in the summer, despite spending lots and lots of money on constant repairs. The locks are also a weak spot.

Great Car, Great Price
By K.L. Nadzak on 07/07/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Hey, I "acquired" this fine vehicle back in 1995 and it has been a wonder. I've driven it everywhere and have had no mechanical issues. Example: I had to mysteriously travel from Florida to NY numerous times, stopping only for gas and the occasional White Castle. I put 9K on the car during one such trip, and she was running like new when I got back. Talk about reliability! I wish other things in my life were this reliable. My wife, girlfriend, son, and mother could all stand to learn something from this car. Hey, unlike my son, this car is a winner. If you have to evade people and institutions via long-term, interstate travel, you can't go wrong with the 95 E-Class

This has been a great car
By Gary on 09/13/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. Bought it new, and have driven it hard for ten years. It's coming up on 150,000 miles and I will probably sell it to a friend soon, but it has been reliable, solid, fun to drive, and comfortable.

Engine gaskets are lowest quality!
By uberthom on 03/11/05 19:22 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I thought the '95 gave Mercedes 10 years to perfect the 300E. I was wrong. At 65,000 miles the engine gaskets are made of the worst quality materials and I have more than a few engine leaks. This is unacceptable. I am now facing a $1,200 expense to replace the head gasket and the replacement part is made of the same inferior material. This is the reason Mercedes has PLUMMETED in customer satisfaction. I plan to buy a LEXUS and I hope Mercedes goes out of business. They cannot even provide their customers with the $10 in materials it would take to solve this problem. They had to choose the $2 materials instead.Disgraceful and shameful!

Would Buy It Again in A Heart Beat!
By Jojo's Baby Blue on 03/04/05 22:26 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased brand new and it has been a gem. The price was definitely justifiable, for I probably would've had to purchased at least 2 other cars within this 10 year timeframe if I did't have my Benz. I have had no major problems and have kept up with routine maintenance. Most maintenance can only be done by the dealer which isn't pocket change, but is "far less" than a car note. The most has been $900 at the 90,000 mile check-up. At 10 years, I'm embarking on my 1st major service with the engine which will be about $2500, still less than a carnote, so I'm going to keep it instead of trading it in. It's a classic. The body still looks like the day I purchased it.

Don't buy one
By Jfa on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 10,000 miles onm it and it has been the worse car I have ever owned- will never buy another one. Now have 102,000 miles on it and have replaced fuel and water pumps and had numerous minor problems. Just found out i have a major electrical problem which will cost over $1000.00 to fix. Considering what I paid for the car, it has been a disaster. Am going to trade it in on an Acura.