Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

EXCELLENT CAR
By tcatter

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car at least 3 years ago with 50,000. Yes, 50,000 from a lady in Encino who passed away. It has not given me ONE PROBLEM other than scheduled issues. My Mom drives it and has put on at least 30 to 40k. I cannot express to you enough how well built these cars are.

For a work car this thing rocks
By simran1

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is the second 300D I've had I work out of my vehicle 12-14 hours per day 5-6 days per week. I wanted comfort, reliability & economy. I got it in spades. This one I've had 2 years. I've put over 100,000 miles on it and it has delivered continually. You just have to regular maint. I take care of it and it takes care of me. 265,000 and counting.

economy & comfort all in 1 package.

AC

Trading Up
By observer1992

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 1995 E320, I was just looking around because my 1995 Saturn SL1 was starting to have some reliability issues and had just reached 210,000 miles. I was looking at Ford Focus, but the Mercedes E320 caught my eye and after the first minute of the test drive I knew I had found a solid car. My E320 has 155,000 miles on it and I had a mechanic check it out and it was given a clean bill of health. I would recommend one of these cars to anyone who is willing to give a 16 year old car a try.

Choose wisely, and you'll be rewarded.
By pentaconsix

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

With the youngest W124 now at 15 years old, you'll have to be picky and discerning when buying on. I found a 95 with only 78,000 miles on the odo. The car has been a joy to drive & own. Try to find one where the previous owner has already done the major repairs: trans rebuild, head gasket replacement, wiring harness replacement. Mine had all those items already done. The looks of the W124 has aged very well, looking neither vintage or new though. The engine performance is still good by today's standard, but not as peppy as cars all seem to accelerate with more pep. My E320 has been reliable and starts up with just one turn of the key every time.

INTERIOR: The interior is well thought out and beautiful. It has just enough flair while simultaneously being utilitarian. The ride quality of this car is very smooth RIDE QUALITY: the suspension is very smooth without being like an old Cadillac. Steering is precise.

No sup much improvements, but quirks for potential buyers to be aware of. The door lock and ignition locks do break. It's best to replace the locks at the first sign of stickiness as you turn the key. Only 15 min repair if caught on time. Other wise, headache once the lock breaks, will take hours.

My kid flipped my E300D
By Seismoa

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I drove this car 296,000miles in 10 years before my kid reminded me of why I bought it in the first place. Kid took a curve too fast and the car ended up on the roof, motor running, wheels turning. I never expected that this would really happen my desire to have a safe "old" car for my kid was my motivation in buying this car when my kid was ten years away from having a driver's license. What kind of person would complain about their kid wrecking a 15 year old car with nearly 300k miles and walking away without a scratch. I found my newest car on CL. Yes, it is another 1995 MB E300D (only 200k miles!). If lightning strikes twice, I want the same outcome as the first strike.

engine by Rudolph