1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
EXCELLENT CAR
By tcatter on 09/09/13 17:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this car at least 3 years ago with 50,000. Yes, 50,000 from a lady in Encino who passed away. It has not given me ONE PROBLEM other than scheduled issues. My Mom drives it and has put on at least 30 to 40k. I cannot express to you enough how well built these cars are.

For a work car this thing rocks
By simran1 on 10/10/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is the second 300D I've had I work out of my vehicle 12-14 hours per day 5-6 days per week. I wanted comfort, reliability & economy. I got it in spades. This one I've had 2 years. I've put over 100,000 miles on it and it has delivered continually. You just have to regular maint. I take care of it and it takes care of me. 265,000 and counting.

Trading Up
By observer1992 on 11/01/11 09:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 1995 E320, I was just looking around because my 1995 Saturn SL1 was starting to have some reliability issues and had just reached 210,000 miles. I was looking at Ford Focus, but the Mercedes E320 caught my eye and after the first minute of the test drive I knew I had found a solid car. My E320 has 155,000 miles on it and I had a mechanic check it out and it was given a clean bill of health. I would recommend one of these cars to anyone who is willing to give a 16 year old car a try.

Choose wisely, and you'll be rewarded.
By pentaconsix on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

With the youngest W124 now at 15 years old, you'll have to be picky and discerning when buying on. I found a 95 with only 78,000 miles on the odo. The car has been a joy to drive & own. Try to find one where the previous owner has already done the major repairs: trans rebuild, head gasket replacement, wiring harness replacement. Mine had all those items already done. The looks of the W124 has aged very well, looking neither vintage or new though. The engine performance is still good by today's standard, but not as peppy as cars all seem to accelerate with more pep. My E320 has been reliable and starts up with just one turn of the key every time.

My kid flipped my E300D
By Seismoa on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

I drove this car 296,000miles in 10 years before my kid reminded me of why I bought it in the first place. Kid took a curve too fast and the car ended up on the roof, motor running, wheels turning. I never expected that this would really happen my desire to have a safe "old" car for my kid was my motivation in buying this car when my kid was ten years away from having a driver's license. What kind of person would complain about their kid wrecking a 15 year old car with nearly 300k miles and walking away without a scratch. I found my newest car on CL. Yes, it is another 1995 MB E300D (only 200k miles!). If lightning strikes twice, I want the same outcome as the first strike.

As good as it gets.
By Mrjohn on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300D 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd M-B diesel and is just a rock solid car. 15 years old and looks like new, yea, there are a few little issues with fuses etc, but who cares when you get about 38 mpg overall. Rides great and has plenty of power for a diesel, keep them serviced and they'll run for ever!

Full of problems
By PNW on 07/27/10 14:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

My experience was not good at all, I paid more in repairs in one year than the car was worth. I bought it with 113k miles and within one year I had to replace the transmission, head gasket, neutral safety switch, ignition tumbler, blower motor regulator, combination relay. I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting. Of course, the previous owners might have played a big part in these issues, but after reading the online forums apparently most have these issues. According to my mechanic the wiring harness also crumbles but I never waited for that and sold it to buy a Honda.

Best used car for the money!
By El jacobo on 07/17/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

I had a Subaru Sti and replaced it with this. This is truly the last great Mercedes convertible! More like a rolls than a BMW. Elegant without being flashy. Great smooth transmission without a too big engine. Plenty of power but really a luxury car, not a sports car.

Class for the Cash!
By Carlton B. Russell on 05/29/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This car is my first real luxury car, and I can honestly say you get what you pay for. The car is now 15 years old and I love driving it more and more each day. It is a classy, well built, dependable vehicle. Have put maybe $700 worth or repairs into it in a year for front struts and tension pulley, that's it. Oil changes are a little more pricey, but only need to be done every 7500 miles. Have learned to do a lot of minor repairs myself with the help of manuals and internet. Trust me if you ever ride in one you will see why I am so in love with my baby. Rode in a 2003 Benz and my car's ride is definitely smoother.

great engine horrid HVAC
By radicalpumpboy on 05/11/10 04:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

The twin-cam straight six has always been a great engine, and the variable cam version has to rate as one of MB's best engines. It pulls like a V8 and roars when told to do so. The engine is also bullet proof, as is the transmission, brakes, and suspension. All work like new after 112k miles. BUT, the car is best suited to milder climates -- like San Fran -- because the HVAC is total crap. I've lost heat in the winter and seldom had cold air in the summer, despite spending lots and lots of money on constant repairs. The locks are also a weak spot.