1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Better Than New

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

Better Than New
By BenzGirl on

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this wagon for the room and MB solid reputation. My husband (2001 Audi driver) is amazed at how well my wagon handles. The engine is smooth and it drives like a new car. Leather seats, carpet and paint job look like new (and I have children who eat in the car). While I have had some annoying repairs (A/C evaporator, engine wiring harness) it still amazes me that the "gadgets" still work (auto seats, windows, locks, lights) after 9 years on the road. Plus, no squeaks or rattles. Find an MB 'enthusiast' mechanic-often know more and are less expensive than a dealer. Would keep it over a new MB-and will pass down when my son turns 16.

Great visibility, handling, built like a tank, lots of room, holds up to wear and tear. Love the (easy) fold down seats for cargo and third seat when carpooling.

MB needs to go back to making this quality-Reminds me of my mother's old 300 TD-ran forever. Could use better distribution of A/C, needs cupholders. Window controls in middle- counterintuitive. Passenger glovebox.