Used 1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

E320 Convertible
By jeffrey_atl

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 2dr Convertible

Classic Mercedes design with all the comforts and features AND a CONVERTIBLE no less, but a convertible sport car that you can actually fit your life into such as family or groceries without all the inconveniences of most convertibles with only 2 seats, no back seat and basically no trunk. I have had the Mercedes SL's and much prefer my E320 Cabriolet.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, design, room and comfort and the fact that so few were shipped to the US and it has become a Classic appreciating in value actually.

Suggested Improvements

No longer being produced so any suggestions would be moot.

11 Years and still like new
By Alan

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

We have run through six other cars in the time we have owned this car. We took it to Tiawan with us when we lived there. Bullet Proof is all you need to say. Exterior still is fabulous with no rust and shines, the interior leather is tight and the seats seem to be in the same shape they were when new. We change the oil every 5k or so, have replaced muffler, and done brakes. several times. This car has never stranded us. My neighbor with a five year old 300 series car seems older and not as good quality. Our car is definitly better built. I wish they would start building them like this again. Everything works still.

Favorite Features

All the tactile things like the seats, steering wheel placement, doors controls, seem so well thought out and then executed. Drives very solid, confidently on the highway, great visability which I can't say about our new Toyoata Sienna van.

Suggested Improvements

The small outside mirrors, and no cup holders although the center console does double duty. Compared to the Sienna Van folding the rear seats down are a pain, but that's not much of a complaint.

Just wow!
By Cruz- In-Style

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I've always wanted one. Just had to wait to grow up. Incredible deal, I still cant believe it. The best thing is how I feel in it. Safe! I still am getting used to the window buttons, I keep looking on the door. I love the luxury feel. My son says "It's just wow!" The previous owner loved the car. I can tell by the way they keep the records. It even has the first aid kit. Never thought I could feel this great about a car, but Mercedes were built to last and this will be the last car I will need to purchase. If you have the means to get one I recommend the E-Class

Favorite Features

The best part is how safe I feel. I don't feel like a gust of wind can throw me into the next lane. Plus I enjoy the way people look at a Mercedes. You look like you have money even if you don't. They just have class and that's why they catogorize them as such, like my E-Class 320.

Suggested Improvements

There is one thing I would change. I don't care for where the cruise control arm is. I hit it every time I use the turn signal.

Love my E420
By JBD400

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

Purchased as a Mercedes Starmark car almost 5 years ago with 50,000 miles. I now have 110,000 trouble free miles. This car is so fun to drive with the V8. It is truly a wolf in sheep's clothing. Other than routine maintence, battery and set of tires, this car has been perfect. I used to own Cadillac's before I purchased the Mercedes, but the Cadillac was problamitic and the dealersips was terrible. Mercedes Benz of Portland has been great for service. I jjust bought my wife an ML 420 and she loves it

Favorite Features

Great ride and power. Mercedes reliablity and great service. Great saftey and quAlity. Even the stereo and multi disc CD player work great

Suggested Improvements

the only thing I would of like to seen is a cup holder--no big deal

Great car - when it isn't broken
By E320wagon

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

Having bought two other used Mercedes cars and loving them both, we bought this wagon in June '03 to replace a very worn-out and rusted Camry wagon. This Benz is now 10 years old but doesn't look it -- both the interior and exterior have held up very well. Typical thoughtful Mercedes engineering throughout makes this car an excellent choice for daily hauling/commuting, and the fuel economy is acceptable. Only problem is, this particular wagon has been going to the mechanic on a monthly basis -- something is always breaking.

Favorite Features

Tight turning radius, easy fold-down seats, just-right suspension (not too firm, not too soft), plenty of cargo space, sharp handling, better-than- expected acceleration and handling, ageless good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Car keeps breaking; in between mechanic visits, though, this car is the perfect station wagon.