1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Can't give it up
By Wardy on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car new in 94, still love it. Fun to drive, quiet, great sound system (upgaded MB option), good performance & milage. I am looking at new MB models but I'm not convinced they are made as well. So, I'll hang onto this car who knows. I still love driving it and the exterior/interior still look great. Hard to beleave it's over 9 years old

Okay, So I Got A Great Deal
By Renie on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I found this car with 50,191 original miles, and it had been babied! I upgraded from my minivan to something more suitable for an empty-nester, and I got the exact year and model I wanted. This car is what Mercedes was all about before they got Chryslered. The fun driving, attention to detail, wonderful luxury; in other words, the reasons why you buy a Benz in the first place. I have no complaints at all about the inherent quality. The only issues are those related with age. Everything is as expected from a luxury car. I can't really comment about fuel economy ? we?ve had two weeks straight of 110+ temps (Vegas in July - what a surprise). The AC is ALWAYS on!

Better Than New
By BenzGirl on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I bought this wagon for the room and MB solid reputation. My husband (2001 Audi driver) is amazed at how well my wagon handles. The engine is smooth and it drives like a new car. Leather seats, carpet and paint job look like new (and I have children who eat in the car). While I have had some annoying repairs (A/C evaporator, engine wiring harness) it still amazes me that the "gadgets" still work (auto seats, windows, locks, lights) after 9 years on the road. Plus, no squeaks or rattles. Find an MB 'enthusiast' mechanic-often know more and are less expensive than a dealer. Would keep it over a new MB-and will pass down when my son turns 16.

Dependable discrete quality
By lyntong on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I Starmark leased this 94 wagon and have been very pleased with this exceptionally reliable, well-built and elegant auto. The motor is strong and quiet, the ride smooth except on broken surfaces and the practicality and size of design is just right for us. As the lease nears its end, I am having trouble finding a vehicle I like better at any price.

you gotta love 'em
By jbaril on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

The E320 sedan finally gets the 3.2L 4- valve engine, which takes it from 177 to 217 HP, and that makes a lot of difference, plus the tranny starts in 1st instead of 2nd, also a major plus. The car is beautiful to look at (mine is Imperial Red w/parchment-- very striking), simple, elegant, strong-shouldered and muscular. Plus the MBZ straight six, was there anything better? For the car driver who wants to move up but can't afford the mullah for the newer Benzes, find a good W124 (86-95) E-Class. You won't be disappointed.

Own a legend
By car7924 on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

This car is just as solid as it was 6 years ago. Only problem that I have had in 6 years is that I had to replace the air conditioner evaporator at a cost of over $2,000.

Mercedes E500
By enochbell on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4dr Sedan

Vault-like Mercedes build quality with rocket ship performance.

World Class Sedan
By AS7 on 03/04/02 02:11 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Nobody builds a car from the inside out more complete and solid in integrity than Mercedes. It's no mistake that people all over the world regard these cars with so much esteem. And, that is also why it is the choice of taxis in Europe. The essence of Mercedes-Benz is rock solid, along with fine ride and handling.

Simply Perfect
By Terry on 02/09/02 00:49 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

One cannot possibly do better. Gas mileage identical to 320 except w/ferocious power! Some morons spend $20,000+ on Civic/ Accord, etc. Instead can have a monstrous fast, luxury liner built like a Mac for under $18,000. Extraordinarily reliable, incomparable in any fashion. 500,000+ SAME motor. A claim no other manufacturer can make. & they drive like new no matter miles. No squeaks, hesitation. Buying anything else is stupidity. Comparing them is like comparing a chalk board to a Pentium 4.