1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Rides like a new car with 200K on the clock
By tenmark262 on 09/23/11 06:37 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Picked up one with 158K on the cheap to be used to make long road trips to pick up my daughter. After about a year, it's about to turn 200K with minimal maintenance and two oil changes. It's head was done at 65K and I'm not sure about the harness. The airbag may have been serviced before my ownership. With these in just about every junk yard, parts are cheap and easy to find. Needed a $60 worth of small interior bits and I swapped out the aging leather with the indestructible MB Tex for $100 and carry all manner of spares in the trunk but I'm not so sure I'll need them. Alternator = $20. Extra hoses, dollar each. MAF sensor $20. Sunvisor clips, $1. Etc. Cheap.

Spruce Green E320
By Michael on 04/27/10 08:16 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

On a recent drive from New Orleans to Atlanta I was able to go very fast in this 16 year old magnificient vehicle. No rattles, shaking or vibrations. This truly is what a car should be. Of course the car has been well maintained and I have no regrets about purchasing this outstanding automobile. It has 121,000 miles and I am looking forward to 1,000,000. I paid $6000 for an automobile that is priceless. I get so many compliments on the car. True elegance and class. The quality is simply outstanding.

Still Great at 15
By Loyola88 on 06/26/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Moved to Las Vegas from the Midwest and worried about the drive out here. Lead the wife. The E320 in some spots got 31mpg's on regular gas, not much less than the wifes ford focus at 35. Cruised easily at 70. Used a little oil but that was it. After 2153 miles out it handled the trip as well as the 2006 Focus. The trunk was loaded down with heavy dishes and not one broke on I-40 thru some rough spots. Went thru a dust storm, but a rock got the windshield in Oklahoma, replaced it in LV, it was the original windshield. It still has less than 100k, plan on teaching my 8yr old grand child to drive it when she turns 16, will still be one of the best looking cars on the road.

Bullet Proof
By Mrquiet32 on 02/09/08 20:06 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased from personel friend. Nothing had went on this car in 13 years and 90.000 miles until before I bought it. Considering the age of these cars there may be intial problems like the wiring harness and a headgasket. The main components of these cars are capable of 200k plus miles. My 92 190 2.6 had 230k and trans went otherwise nothing since new.

1994 Mercedes E320
By the_merc on 11/03/07 09:03 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about a year now, and it has been a fantastic reliable and beautiful car to own. I would recommend this car to anyone!

The Big E
By The "Big E" on 05/06/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased my very first Mercedes-Benz car. I stumbled across the sad looking Benz one afternoon while on my way home from work. The corner lights were missing and the front bumper was a bit banged up. I knew I had to rescue the car as it is one of the last hand-built Mercedes- Benz cars, not to mention the rare body style having only been in production for two years in the U.S. The car is a dream to drive at a non- threatening 193,000 miles and with lots of love and care (and eventually a rebuilding of the engine), this car will virtually never stop. This car is a beautiful classic and so long as you take care of it, it will take care of you for years to come.

Just wow!
By Cruz- In-Style on 06/02/05 23:38 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I've always wanted one. Just had to wait to grow up. Incredible deal, I still cant believe it. The best thing is how I feel in it. Safe! I still am getting used to the window buttons, I keep looking on the door. I love the luxury feel. My son says "It's just wow!" The previous owner loved the car. I can tell by the way they keep the records. It even has the first aid kit. Never thought I could feel this great about a car, but Mercedes were built to last and this will be the last car I will need to purchase. If you have the means to get one I recommend the E-Class

Excellent Vehicle
By Fatha on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

It is great to drive, yet not reliable in bad weather situations.

Can't give it up
By Wardy on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car new in 94, still love it. Fun to drive, quiet, great sound system (upgaded MB option), good performance & milage. I am looking at new MB models but I'm not convinced they are made as well. So, I'll hang onto this car who knows. I still love driving it and the exterior/interior still look great. Hard to beleave it's over 9 years old

Okay, So I Got A Great Deal
By Renie on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I found this car with 50,191 original miles, and it had been babied! I upgraded from my minivan to something more suitable for an empty-nester, and I got the exact year and model I wanted. This car is what Mercedes was all about before they got Chryslered. The fun driving, attention to detail, wonderful luxury; in other words, the reasons why you buy a Benz in the first place. I have no complaints at all about the inherent quality. The only issues are those related with age. Everything is as expected from a luxury car. I can't really comment about fuel economy ? we?ve had two weeks straight of 110+ temps (Vegas in July - what a surprise). The AC is ALWAYS on!