1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Rides like a new car with 200K on the clock
By tenmark262 on 09/23/11 06:37 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Picked up one with 158K on the cheap to be used to make long road trips to pick up my daughter. After about a year, it's about to turn 200K with minimal maintenance and two oil changes. It's head was done at 65K and I'm not sure about the harness. The airbag may have been serviced before my ownership. With these in just about every junk yard, parts are cheap and easy to find. Needed a $60 worth of small interior bits and I swapped out the aging leather with the indestructible MB Tex for $100 and carry all manner of spares in the trunk but I'm not so sure I'll need them. Alternator = $20. Extra hoses, dollar each. MAF sensor $20. Sunvisor clips, $1. Etc. Cheap.

Spruce Green E320
By Michael on 04/27/10 08:16 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

On a recent drive from New Orleans to Atlanta I was able to go very fast in this 16 year old magnificient vehicle. No rattles, shaking or vibrations. This truly is what a car should be. Of course the car has been well maintained and I have no regrets about purchasing this outstanding automobile. It has 121,000 miles and I am looking forward to 1,000,000. I paid $6000 for an automobile that is priceless. I get so many compliments on the car. True elegance and class. The quality is simply outstanding.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.
By Chris on 06/29/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I absolutely love this car. It's a tank, it seats seven, and gets respectable mileage for such a huge vehicle. I averaged 22-25 mpg. I put it through hell, a Fargo Winter, two Kansas City summers, and many miles of highway driving. Ulrich von Nerdwagen is on life support; a bead clutch in the transmission is toast and reverse is nearly shot. Couple that with either a headgasket or a broken water pump, and I would have to put more than the car is worth into it to keep it running. If they break.. man does it stink. I adore this vehicle, and would stick to W124 chassis exclusively if I had more money to deal with my terrible luck. I'd recommend to anyone. I like having no cupholders...

Still Great at 15
By Loyola88 on 06/26/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Moved to Las Vegas from the Midwest and worried about the drive out here. Lead the wife. The E320 in some spots got 31mpg's on regular gas, not much less than the wifes ford focus at 35. Cruised easily at 70. Used a little oil but that was it. After 2153 miles out it handled the trip as well as the 2006 Focus. The trunk was loaded down with heavy dishes and not one broke on I-40 thru some rough spots. Went thru a dust storm, but a rock got the windshield in Oklahoma, replaced it in LV, it was the original windshield. It still has less than 100k, plan on teaching my 8yr old grand child to drive it when she turns 16, will still be one of the best looking cars on the road.

If you can find one, buy it
By alex on 06/20/09 18:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

This is my fourth classic mercedes. It is a remarkable vehicle. A 280 hp V8 engine delivers seemingly endless power. Extremely quick from 40-100 mph. An excellent vehicle which is quickly becoming scarce. Build quality is typical MB of this era. Spare no expense teutonic quality. Buy one without ASR traction control if you can.

Bullet Proof
By Mrquiet32 on 02/09/08 20:06 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased from personel friend. Nothing had went on this car in 13 years and 90.000 miles until before I bought it. Considering the age of these cars there may be intial problems like the wiring harness and a headgasket. The main components of these cars are capable of 200k plus miles. My 92 190 2.6 had 230k and trans went otherwise nothing since new.

1994 Mercedes E320
By the_merc on 11/03/07 09:03 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about a year now, and it has been a fantastic reliable and beautiful car to own. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Wow
By Andy E specialist on 11/22/06 00:56 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4dr Sedan

At first when I saw the car, I did not want to come near it because of its year and mileage. But once the salesman convinced me to test drive it, I didnt even look at the price and I bought it right away! This car is power! A 12 year old car that can almost fly! Superb! The handling is like a Porsche Carerra. It is an incredible car! Worth every single penny of the $15 thousand I gave for that car

The Big E
By The "Big E" on 05/06/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased my very first Mercedes-Benz car. I stumbled across the sad looking Benz one afternoon while on my way home from work. The corner lights were missing and the front bumper was a bit banged up. I knew I had to rescue the car as it is one of the last hand-built Mercedes- Benz cars, not to mention the rare body style having only been in production for two years in the U.S. The car is a dream to drive at a non- threatening 193,000 miles and with lots of love and care (and eventually a rebuilding of the engine), this car will virtually never stop. This car is a beautiful classic and so long as you take care of it, it will take care of you for years to come.

Unique
By j. meyer on 11/10/05 03:25 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4dr Sedan

This Porche/Benz colaboration (Euro model) is the finest car I have owned in 59 years. Quality and performance throughout.