Used 1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Rides like a new car with 200K on the clock
By tenmark262

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Picked up one with 158K on the cheap to be used to make long road trips to pick up my daughter. After about a year, it's about to turn 200K with minimal maintenance and two oil changes. It's head was done at 65K and I'm not sure about the harness. The airbag may have been serviced before my ownership. With these in just about every junk yard, parts are cheap and easy to find. Needed a $60 worth of small interior bits and I swapped out the aging leather with the indestructible MB Tex for $100 and carry all manner of spares in the trunk but I'm not so sure I'll need them. Alternator = $20. Extra hoses, dollar each. MAF sensor $20. Sunvisor clips, $1. Etc. Cheap.

Favorite Features

I've owned many new and used cars over the years and this car gives an incredible amount of driver's satisfaction. I Love this car!

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders and remote keyless entry. Acrylic enamel would have been better than base coat, clear coat.

Spruce Green E320
By Michael

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

On a recent drive from New Orleans to Atlanta I was able to go very fast in this 16 year old magnificient vehicle. No rattles, shaking or vibrations. This truly is what a car should be. Of course the car has been well maintained and I have no regrets about purchasing this outstanding automobile. It has 121,000 miles and I am looking forward to 1,000,000. I paid $6000 for an automobile that is priceless. I get so many compliments on the car. True elegance and class. The quality is simply outstanding.

Favorite Features

Handling, ride, outstanding layout. Steering and the feeling of safety. The Spruce green paint job and no rusting.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior driver side mirror could be larger.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.
By Chris

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon

I absolutely love this car. It's a tank, it seats seven, and gets respectable mileage for such a huge vehicle. I averaged 22-25 mpg. I put it through hell, a Fargo Winter, two Kansas City summers, and many miles of highway driving. Ulrich von Nerdwagen is on life support; a bead clutch in the transmission is toast and reverse is nearly shot. Couple that with either a headgasket or a broken water pump, and I would have to put more than the car is worth into it to keep it running. If they break.. man does it stink. I adore this vehicle, and would stick to W124 chassis exclusively if I had more money to deal with my terrible luck. I'd recommend to anyone. I like having no cupholders...

Favorite Features

88 cubic feet of cargo space, thoughtful folding process of seats (theyre ALL FLAT) Silky smooth M104, substantial buttons and switches, and most importantly, the ride. There is no car in the world that acts as composed as a Mercedes-Benz at ninety miles per hour. I'll be sad to see mine go.

Suggested Improvements

Yet again, the MB sales people thought american consumers didnt deserve the far better european climate control system with more than two settings. Also, the wiper has only three settings. The wheel bolts caused many grumbles. I like to slide wheels ONTO studs, not goof around for several minutes.

Still Great at 15
By Loyola88

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

Moved to Las Vegas from the Midwest and worried about the drive out here. Lead the wife. The E320 in some spots got 31mpg's on regular gas, not much less than the wifes ford focus at 35. Cruised easily at 70. Used a little oil but that was it. After 2153 miles out it handled the trip as well as the 2006 Focus. The trunk was loaded down with heavy dishes and not one broke on I-40 thru some rough spots. Went thru a dust storm, but a rock got the windshield in Oklahoma, replaced it in LV, it was the original windshield. It still has less than 100k, plan on teaching my 8yr old grand child to drive it when she turns 16, will still be one of the best looking cars on the road.

Favorite Features

adjustable seats, are as nice as many of the newer models. The spacious rear seat and the sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I am sure that the new E320 has all the newest bells and whistles, but this 15year old beauty doesn't even have a rattle yet, it is build that tight. They all complain about this mode not having cup holders it use to be about the drive not what you were eating or drinking.

If you can find one, buy it
By alex

1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E420 4dr Sedan

This is my fourth classic mercedes. It is a remarkable vehicle. A 280 hp V8 engine delivers seemingly endless power. Extremely quick from 40-100 mph. An excellent vehicle which is quickly becoming scarce. Build quality is typical MB of this era. Spare no expense teutonic quality. Buy one without ASR traction control if you can.

Favorite Features

The M119 engine. Plain and simple.

Suggested Improvements

None. If you want cupholders, buy a minivan.