2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Review: Love this car!

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Review

CLS550 4MATIC Sedan (4.7L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 7-speed Automatic)

Love this car!
By jrcast79 on

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I've had my eye on this car for awhile and finally purchased last week. Really like the balance between peformance and looks. I test drove several of its competitors and I think this is hands down the winner.

There's really a lot of parity these days with technology, even in lesser cars. I like being able to switch between Sport and Eco mode. The fuel saving ECO feature shuts the engine off when at rest and you can push the brake down like a golf cart to keep vehicle in park.

I wasn't as impressed with the audio as I wanted to be. It's not bad by any stretch, but was hoping for more. MB I think has a way to go with the COMAND and interface. Other makers out there (Ford, GM) have more sophisticated/touchscreen features. In my opinion, that scores really high points with millennials and is really just smoke & mirrors, what you're really paying for is comfort, luxury, performance, brand, quality, status, etc... the tech aspect will be obsolete in 2 yrs anyway.