2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Review: CLS550 CLASSIEST AND BEST DESI

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

CLS550 CLASSIEST AND BEST DESIGNED CAR I EVER OWNED
By abacomike on

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Just purchased a new 2014 Mercedes CLS 550 (MSRP $82,210). I usually purchase E350 Sedans, but because of the superior, outstanding deal I got on this vehicle, I could not resist. First noticeable difference is the outstanding power and performance - 402 hp in a 4.7 liter V8. Fit and Finish are outstanding. Interior design and comfort in front seats is astounding. The ride is smoother and more refined than anything I have ever driven. The car is "dead-out" gorgeous. Safety features like lane-tracking, blind spot monitors and PARKTRONIC are comforting and impeccably designed. Harman/Kardon audio system is unsurpassed in clarity and sound separation. Best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Harman/Kardon 14 speaker Logic 7 HD and Surround Sound system - has connectivity to iPhone so I can play all my own music - 6 disc changer for CD and DVD - Bluetooth sound, etc. Unsurpassed sound quality. Ventilated seats and Massage seats outstanding here in Florida's heat and humidity. 19" AMG wheel package sets the car off from others; quality of leather seating is far superior to any other car I've owned with leather seats; powerful performance and tremendous driving stability and comfort/handling. Fit and finish of all exterior and interior components is unsurpassed. Trunk space is 15.3 cubic feet, more than most vehicles; love the power open/close trunk; keyless entry/start, etc.

Suggested Improvements

I've owned the car for about 2 weeks now and, to be quite frank, I do not have any suggestions for improvements. I knew when I bought the car that the rear seat only seats two people, that is why they call it a 4 door coupe. But after comparing the CLS550 to the BMW 650 4 door coupe and the Audi A7, price-wise, styling-wise and comfort-wise, the Mercedes was far superior in terms of all of the above as well as pricing. I might have some recommendations after a few months of ownership, but right now, the car is everything I expected it to be and more!
By drderivative
on 04/08/15 09:06 AM (PDT)

Abacomike, your review is spot on. I was an E350 owner previously and lucked into a great deal on the CLS 550. There is absolutely no comparison between the two cars. The CLS 550 is worth every extra penny I paid for it. It is, for what I need in a car, perfect.