2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Chinese parts
By richgaz

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Just had 6 essential relays replaced all from China. The car has been in the MB shop for two weeks now trying to find other problems. Never had a brand new car not start. THis problem has brought to light that MB probably has chinese parts splattered all over. So why does this car cost so much? Germans think they can out engineer bad parts. Hardly. I will not but another MB. Over priced for cheap parts - and they still fail no matter how well the design.

look great

How about non chinese cheap labor parts. If MB must keep these parts - than drop the price.

Love this car!
By jrcast79

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I've had my eye on this car for awhile and finally purchased last week. Really like the balance between peformance and looks. I test drove several of its competitors and I think this is hands down the winner.

There's really a lot of parity these days with technology, even in lesser cars. I like being able to switch between Sport and Eco mode. The fuel saving ECO feature shuts the engine off when at rest and you can push the brake down like a golf cart to keep vehicle in park.

I wasn't as impressed with the audio as I wanted to be. It's not bad by any stretch, but was hoping for more. MB I think has a way to go with the COMAND and interface. Other makers out there (Ford, GM) have more sophisticated/touchscreen features. In my opinion, that scores really high points with millennials and is really just smoke & mirrors, what you're really paying for is comfort, luxury, performance, brand, quality, status, etc... the tech aspect will be obsolete in 2 yrs anyway.

CLS550 CLASSIEST AND BEST DESIGNED CAR I EVER OWNED
By abacomike

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Just purchased a new 2014 Mercedes CLS 550 (MSRP $82,210). I usually purchase E350 Sedans, but because of the superior, outstanding deal I got on this vehicle, I could not resist. First noticeable difference is the outstanding power and performance - 402 hp in a 4.7 liter V8. Fit and Finish are outstanding. Interior design and comfort in front seats is astounding. The ride is smoother and more refined than anything I have ever driven. The car is "dead-out" gorgeous. Safety features like lane-tracking, blind spot monitors and PARKTRONIC are comforting and impeccably designed. Harman/Kardon audio system is unsurpassed in clarity and sound separation. Best car I have ever owned.

Harman/Kardon 14 speaker Logic 7 HD and Surround Sound system - has connectivity to iPhone so I can play all my own music - 6 disc changer for CD and DVD - Bluetooth sound, etc. Unsurpassed sound quality. Ventilated seats and Massage seats outstanding here in Florida's heat and humidity. 19" AMG wheel package sets the car off from others; quality of leather seating is far superior to any other car I've owned with leather seats; powerful performance and tremendous driving stability and comfort/handling. Fit and finish of all exterior and interior components is unsurpassed. Trunk space is 15.3 cubic feet, more than most vehicles; love the power open/close trunk; keyless entry/start, etc.

I've owned the car for about 2 weeks now and, to be quite frank, I do not have any suggestions for improvements. I knew when I bought the car that the rear seat only seats two people, that is why they call it a 4 door coupe. But after comparing the CLS550 to the BMW 650 4 door coupe and the Audi A7, price-wise, styling-wise and comfort-wise, the Mercedes was far superior in terms of all of the above as well as pricing. I might have some recommendations after a few months of ownership, but right now, the car is everything I expected it to be and more!