Great car but missing a few things.
By hbv2020 on
2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)
I have driven my 2013 CLS550 for about one thousand miles. This is my first Mercedes, my previous care being a 2010 Hyundai Genesis. I must say that I am not sure the CLS is worth twice the cost of the Genesis. Here are a few annoyances I have found so far. The exterior rear view mirrors do not fold. That option is only available in Canada. The back up camera has no guide lines. The rear seat passengers can regulate the air flow but cannot change the temperature. Admittedly the CLS has much more power than the Genesis, but it is not easy to regulate. The accelerator seems like an on/off switch, which is not easily regulated for steady acceleration.
Favorite Features
Distronic and "Send to Benz" feature of navigation app.
Suggested Improvements
Moving guide lines for back up camera. Temperature control for rear passengers. Folding mirrors.
By pedalmetal
on 04/08/13 07:41 AM (PDT)

hey hbv.....I have had vehicles with the back up line displayed on the camera, but it's really not an issue. I have read a variety of comments pertaining to the rear seats....now do you really care?...I sure don't..I bought this beauty for my wife and I...mainly me...so I personally don't care about back seat conveniences...they can call a cab....this car is stunning.... "the accelerator like an on/off switch?" You need to drive it for awhile and get that nasty feeling of the Hyundai out of your bloodsteam....I gotta give you credit for even mentioning that you owned that car...that takes courage! "power fold-in mirrors?"...wow!