Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Beautiful but a little fragile
By adm77450

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Overall very pleased with the CLS. Looks to kill. Really makes a statement. However, does not handle rough roads very well especially with the AMG tire and rim package. Glad I bought the road hazard coverage.

Favorite Features

Exterior is fabulous. Get lots of compliments. Very aggressive look. Great engine. Dynamic front driver seat with lots of controls.

Suggested Improvements

The electronics could be improved. COMMAND is a little outdated. Radio controls not convenient and screen is small for the price of this car. Audi has better electronics but the exterior styling and power were the difference makers for me.

Proud owner of '13 CLS 550
By pedalmetal

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I have to say that this is one fine automobile! It is an orgasmic experience-wow! The handling,power,linear lineage,interior layout and exceptional craftsmanship to detail is wonderful. I have read some reviews that mention that the rear seats and headroom are a negative-really?! I bought this car for myself and my wife-I could care less about the comfort of the rear passengers-take a cab! The features that jump out at me are the side bolsters, passive massage, COMMAND features, Lane Assist option, raw power and acceleration. I work in auto sales with a competitor, but after reviewing this vehicle for 2 years, I had to have it. I may be looking for a new job, but this baby is worth it!

Favorite Features

The front stance with the MB Diamond Logo and the LED lighting! The handling, power, interior visualization, reactive side bolsters, MBrace2.

Suggested Improvements

I'm used to audio controls on the backside of the steering wheel so it may take some time to adjust. The backside would seem easier to manage.

Great car but missing a few things.
By hbv2020

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I have driven my 2013 CLS550 for about one thousand miles. This is my first Mercedes, my previous care being a 2010 Hyundai Genesis. I must say that I am not sure the CLS is worth twice the cost of the Genesis. Here are a few annoyances I have found so far. The exterior rear view mirrors do not fold. That option is only available in Canada. The back up camera has no guide lines. The rear seat passengers can regulate the air flow but cannot change the temperature. Admittedly the CLS has much more power than the Genesis, but it is not easy to regulate. The accelerator seems like an on/off switch, which is not easily regulated for steady acceleration.

Favorite Features

Distronic and "Send to Benz" feature of navigation app.

Suggested Improvements

Moving guide lines for back up camera. Temperature control for rear passengers. Folding mirrors.

best sedan/coupe I've driven
By hgoldstein

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Tested the Audi s7, BMW 6, Jaguar and then clearly decided on the CLS 4 matic. Incredible design inside and out. Perfect driving in terms of handling, pick up and comfort. Keep getting compliments almost every time I take it for a drive. Could hardly recommend it more highly.

Favorite Features

styling handling performance comfort

Suggested Improvements

none