Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Purchase mistake
By Al Gruen

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

To mention only the most salient points.

Visibility for making a left turn is downright dangerous, because of the limited view.
The Sport or Comfort choice has no noticeable difference.
No place to leave sunglasses for easy access.
Battery had to be replaced after 1000 miles
Drivers arm rest had to be replaced after 2 years 10,000 miles.
The navigation screen tilt invites the sunshine which blinds the screen
Seat upholstery is hard and causes pain to a user after a half hour.
Rear view camera has a fisheye undesirable lens.
A highly questionable technology when turning off the monitor it turns off
everything such as the telephone etc.
When starting the engine, it roars like a lion for several minutes.
I don't like the car and am deeply disappointed in its convoluted
in the dashboard located information systems.
AMEN

Love The Car 2013 CLS550
By Phil

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Three weeks ago I traded in my 2009 SL550 for this car (2013 CLS550). I had some initial concerns that I would miss my SL, a car I liked very much. I like the CLS so much I haven't spent one minute missing the SL. The CLS is very quiet, luxurious, comfortable, powerful and handles well. It drives smaller than it is, in fact, while it is physically larger than my SL, it doesn't it feel it to me. I am looking forward to a long term, trouble free, relationship with my CLS550.

CLS 550 4 Matic
By Theo Thomas

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I purchased a 2013 CLS550 (4matic). This vehicle is really fun to drive. As mentioned in various reviews the disappointments are the back up camera has not guidelines, the passenger doesn't have seat massagers, the side mirrors do not fold and the PARKTRONIC engage at speeds below 20 MPH. The Parktronics feature is great however it seems to periodically stick. The engine performs as commanded. The engine does has a speed limiter feature the limits the top speed to 133MPH (160 shown on the dashboard).

Beautiful but a little fragile
By adm77450

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Overall very pleased with the CLS. Looks to kill. Really makes a statement. However, does not handle rough roads very well especially with the AMG tire and rim package. Glad I bought the road hazard coverage.

Exterior is fabulous. Get lots of compliments. Very aggressive look. Great engine. Dynamic front driver seat with lots of controls.

The electronics could be improved. COMMAND is a little outdated. Radio controls not convenient and screen is small for the price of this car. Audi has better electronics but the exterior styling and power were the difference makers for me.

Proud owner of '13 CLS 550
By pedalmetal

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I have to say that this is one fine automobile! It is an orgasmic experience-wow! The handling,power,linear lineage,interior layout and exceptional craftsmanship to detail is wonderful. I have read some reviews that mention that the rear seats and headroom are a negative-really?! I bought this car for myself and my wife-I could care less about the comfort of the rear passengers-take a cab! The features that jump out at me are the side bolsters, passive massage, COMMAND features, Lane Assist option, raw power and acceleration. I work in auto sales with a competitor, but after reviewing this vehicle for 2 years, I had to have it. I may be looking for a new job, but this baby is worth it!

The front stance with the MB Diamond Logo and the LED lighting! The handling, power, interior visualization, reactive side bolsters, MBrace2.

I'm used to audio controls on the backside of the steering wheel so it may take some time to adjust. The backside would seem easier to manage.